* [ECOS] Problems with Insight on iq80310
@ 2001-03-22  9:43 Herb
From: Herb @ 2001-03-22  9:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Anyone else seeing debug problems on Xscale when using Insight to debug
with a Redboot ROM?

My assembly looks ok, but stepping through it results in erratic
behavior.

GDB -nw works find, but I'd really like to use the graphic interface if
anyone has any ideas on this one.

Thanks.

Herb Ledebohm   512-401-8208 x144
Omegaband, Inc  herb@omegaband.com

* Re: [ECOS] Problems with Insight on iq80310
@ 2001-03-22 11:32 ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2001-03-22 11:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Herb; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Herb wrote:

> Anyone else seeing debug problems on Xscale when using Insight to debug
> with a Redboot ROM?
>
> My assembly looks ok, but stepping through it results in erratic
> behavior.
>
> GDB -nw works find, but I'd really like to use the graphic interface if
> anyone has any ideas on this one.

Without details no-one can tell for sure what you are on about!

If the "erratic behavior" is the flow of code appearing to jump around
randomly between lines, then this is a common side-effect of trying to
debug optimized code. If you compile your code without optimization, that
should go away.

Jifl

* Re: [ECOS] Problems with Insight on iq80310
@ 2001-03-22 13:53   ` Herb
From: Herb @ 2001-03-22 13:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

I'll be more specific next time, sorry.

Thanks for the tip.  That was the problem.

Jonathan Larmour wrote:

> Herb wrote:
> >
> > Anyone else seeing debug problems on Xscale when using Insight to debug
> > with a Redboot ROM?
> >
> > My assembly looks ok, but stepping through it results in erratic
> > behavior.
> >
> > GDB -nw works find, but I'd really like to use the graphic interface if
> > anyone has any ideas on this one.
>
> Without details no-one can tell for sure what you are on about!
>
> If the "erratic behavior" is the flow of code appearing to jump around
> randomly between lines, then this is a common side-effect of trying to
> debug optimized code. If you compile your code without optimization, that
> should go away.
>
> Jifl
> --
> Red Hat, Rustat House, Clifton Road, Cambridge, UK. Tel: +44 (1223) 271062
> Maybe this world is another planet's Hell -Aldous Huxley || Opinions==mine

* [ECOS] Count and Clock?
@ 2001-03-22 16:58     ` YuHsueh Chou
From: YuHsueh Chou @ 2001-03-22 16:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hello all,

   what is defferent between count and clock in eCos reference Manual?
may you take an example for me. thanks a lot for your response..

   Tom Chou

* Re: [ECOS] Count and Clock?
@ 2001-03-22 17:26       ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2001-03-22 17:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: YuHsueh Chou; +Cc: ecos-discuss

YuHsueh Chou wrote:

> Hello all,
>
>    what is defferent between count and clock in eCos reference Manual?
> may you take an example for me. thanks a lot for your response..

Counters can be incremented as and when, whereas clocks are a special case
of counter that are regularly periodic. Clocks are counters with a
resolution. That resolution gives you the period between the regular clock
ticks.

A clock example is, of course, the kernel real time clock which is
periodic.

Alarms are associated with counters, not only clocks (which are just a
special form of counter). So you can use this to cause an alarm handler to
run after the counter reaches a certain value, e.g. every 10 events.

Jifl