* [ECOS] Redboot for iq80310
@ 2001-04-09 16:00 Ashwin Kamath
From: Ashwin Kamath @ 2001-04-09 16:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ecos

The redboot_ROM.bin image for iq80310 on the sources.redhat.com website
has symbols in it.

http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/boards/redbootbins/iq80310/redboot_ROM.bin

I tried to burn this image onto the ROM, but the image failed to boot
after I flashed it. Then I stripped the symbols from the image, but with
the same results. The file size after stripping was around 300KB which
is twice the size of the earlier redboot images. Does anybody think/know
that there is a problem with the images?

Thanks
-Ashwin.
begin:vcard
n:Kamath;Ashwin
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:OmegaBand Inc
adr:;;;;;;
version:2.1
email;internet:kamath@OmegaBand.com
x-mozilla-cpt:;0
fn:Ashwin Kamath
end:vcard

* Re: [ECOS] Redboot for iq80310
@ 2001-04-10 12:49 ` Mark Salter
From: Mark Salter @ 2001-04-10 12:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kamath; +Cc: ecos-discuss

> The redboot_ROM.bin image for iq80310 on the sources.redhat.com website
> has symbols in it.

> http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/boards/redbootbins/iq80310/redboot_ROM.bin

> I tried to burn this image onto the ROM, but the image failed to boot
> after I flashed it. Then I stripped the symbols from the image, but with
> the same results. The file size after stripping was around 300KB which
> is twice the size of the earlier redboot images. Does anybody think/know
> that there is a problem with the images?

Sorry, this was my fault. The .bin files are actually .elf files.
We will update the images, but in the meantime you should be able
to generate correct .bin files from the ELF files:

  xscale-elf-objcopy -O binary redboot_ROM.elf redboot_ROM.bin

--Mark

* Re: [ECOS] Redboot for iq80310
@ 2001-04-10 12:50 ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2001-04-10 12:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ashwin Kamath; +Cc: Ecos, Mark Salter

Ashwin Kamath wrote:

> The redboot_ROM.bin image for iq80310 on the sources.redhat.com website
> has symbols in it.
>
> http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/boards/redbootbins/iq80310/redboot_ROM.bin
>
> I tried to burn this image onto the ROM, but the image failed to boot
> after I flashed it. Then I stripped the symbols from the image, but with
> the same results. The file size after stripping was around 300KB which
> is twice the size of the earlier redboot images. Does anybody think/know
> that there is a problem with the images?

Oops. This was a simple mistake. To convert to binary format use

arm-elf-objcopy -O binary redboor_FOO.elf redboot_FOO.bin

I've updated the versions on the site now. Thanks for pointing this out.

Jifl