* [ECOS] Reg::input from keyboard
@ 2001-04-20  5:13 Natarajan, Mekala (CTS)
From: Natarajan, Mekala (CTS) @ 2001-04-20  5:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'ecos-discuss@sources.redhat.com'

Hi,
	i am using MBX starter kit with MPC860 50MHZ processor. This kit
has two serial ports and keyboard interface too. I am using ecos latest cvs
version.
How do i use the serial port 2 for getting input or for diagnostic output.

Regards,
mekala

Any unauthorised review, use, disclosure, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this email or any action taken in reliance on this e-mail is strictly
prohibited and may be unlawful.

		Visit us at http://www.cognizant.com

* Re: [ECOS] Reg::input from keyboard
@ 2001-04-20  7:11 ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2001-04-20  7:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Natarajan, Mekala (CTS); +Cc: 'ecos-discuss@sources.redhat.com'

"Natarajan, Mekala (CTS)" wrote:

> Hi,
>         i am using MBX starter kit with MPC860 50MHZ processor. This kit
> has two serial ports and keyboard interface too. I am using ecos latest cvs
> version.
> How do i use the serial port 2 for getting input or for diagnostic output.

Diagnostic output can go there by using the options in the MBX platform HAL
such as "Diagnostic serial port"
(CYGNUM_HAL_VIRTUAL_VECTOR_CONSOLE_CHANNEL) and switching it from 0 to 1.

Input is something best done with a proper interrupt-driven serial driver.
If they are included in your configuration the port 2 driver is enabled by
going into the I/O serial configuration and enabling "HArdware serial
device drivers" (CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL_DEVICES) and selecting it under there.

You could then do I/O using the more native cyg_io_read/cyg_io_write
commands described in the documentation, or by using /dev/tty2 (probably)
with stdio for tty-like access.

Jifl

* Re: [ECOS] Reg::input from keyboard
@ 2001-04-23  9:36 ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2001-04-23  9:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Natarajan, Mekala (CTS); +Cc: 'ecos-discuss@sources.redhat.com'

"Natarajan, Mekala (CTS)" wrote:

> Thanks Mr.Jifl.
>
> In i386 pc target i used hal_diag_init() and hal_diag_read() to get input
> from target keyboard.
> MBX starter kit also has a keyboard interface support. If i try to use the
> hal_diag_read() system call it reports unreferenced symbol error. What is
> the option which i need to enable to get input from target keyboard.

Do a

#include <cyg/hal/hal_diag.h>

and then use the macro

HAL_DIAG_READ_CHAR(x)