* [ECOS] Tracing the ecos code.
@ 2001-04-30 13:00 Narayana, Venkat A.
From: Narayana, Venkat A. @ 2001-04-30 13:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Ecos-discuss@sources.redhat.com'; +Cc: Narayana, Venkat A.

Hi
I am trying to load and run redboot from a board which is similar to Intel's
IQ80310, but with some changes to sserial ports and memory mappings.
However, i am unable to get even a character to print on the console;(
I would appreciate if you guys can help me trace the code flow, i mean i
would like
to follow the code , as it runs. Is there any doc, which specifies how the
control
flows apart from eCos Ref. Manual.

Thanks and Regards
Venkat N

* Re: [ECOS] Tracing the ecos code.
@ 2001-04-30 14:06 ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2001-04-30 14:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Narayana, Venkat A.; +Cc: 'Ecos-discuss@sources.redhat.com'

"Narayana, Venkat A." wrote:

> Hi
> I am trying to load and run redboot from a board which is similar to Intel's
> IQ80310, but with some changes to sserial ports and memory mappings.
> However, i am unable to get even a character to print on the console;(
> I would appreciate if you guys can help me trace the code flow, i mean i
> would like
> to follow the code , as it runs. Is there any doc, which specifies how the
> control
> flows apart from eCos Ref. Manual.

Try to get diag output, or even just LED flashing, going as soon as
possible, and insert output through all points in the startup to find out
where the problem is.

Jifl