* [ECOS] Modify the sources in eCos packages
@ 2001-05-21  0:29 honda
From: honda @ 2001-05-21  0:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

I'm trying to port the eCos on the Cirrus Logic EDB7312. By the way, I've
to add on option the configuration tools. Thus I modified the CDL file.and
the sources in the packages. But it results that I cannot check out the new
code. Is there any better way to maintain the code?

Thanks

HONDA
Kuang-Yang Chuang

OES / ITRI
J220, Bldg. 78, 195-8, Sec. 4, Chung-Hsing Rd.
Chutung, Hsinchu 310, Taiwan, ROC

TEL: 886-3-5917546
FAX: 886-3-5917531

* Re: [ECOS] Modify the sources in eCos packages
@ 2001-05-21  7:18 ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2001-05-21  7:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: honda; +Cc: ecos-discuss

honda@itri.org.tw wrote:

> I'm trying to port the eCos on the Cirrus Logic EDB7312. By the way, I've
> to add on option the configuration tools. Thus I modified the CDL file.and
> the sources in the packages. But it results that I cannot check out the new
> code. Is there any better way to maintain the code?

What you are probably seeing is a conflict resulting from you making a
change in the same area as someone else. The solution is to manually edit
the file and resolve the conflict by merging the two changes.

Jifl

* RE: [ECOS] Modify the sources in eCos packages
@ 2001-05-21 11:23 Dan Conti
From: Dan Conti @ 2001-05-21 11:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

A better question might be when the eCos team plans on releasing 7312
support, since they (should) already have a patch for it. I think there
was a post on this a while back where they said there was a review
process that had to occur first.

I haven't used cvs in a while, but i would guess that you could get the
tip of the eCos cvs tree, merge your changes into the new tree, and just
use that.

-Dan