* [ECOS] ftruncate for jffs2
@ 2010-01-13  7:30 Chakravarthy Ponnuri
From: Chakravarthy Ponnuri @ 2010-01-13  7:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi,

I am using ecos2.0. Is there a implementation for ftruncate available for jffs2?

Thanks
Chakri

* [ECOS] Ethernet controllers..
@ 2010-01-13 10:12 ` Jim Bradleigh
From: Jim Bradleigh @ 2010-01-13 10:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi,

I`ve a question regarding Ethernet controllers.

My platform is a i386 with 3 ethernet PCI controllers (but before you turn off, its more eCos related than platform). eCos only knows about the first controller, the other 2 use 'custom' drivers (copies of the original eCos ethernet driver but with a different interface for raw read/writes)

Is there any problem with using a different controllers? Say the main controller (eCos owned and operated) being a realtek card, whilst the other 2 being Intel based?

My concern is that there might be some PCI problems as I`ve read that u can`t mix drivers due to some PCI issues (but I think this might not affect me as eCos think's there's only one ethernet controller, the realtek card)

Regards,

Jim

* Re: [ECOS] Ethernet controllers..
@ 2010-01-13 23:20   ` David Brennan
From: David Brennan @ 2010-01-13 23:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jim Bradleigh; +Cc: ecos-discuss

I think you will run into this
(http://sourceware.org/ml/ecos-discuss/2004-11/msg00191.html) if you
attempt to instantiate two different Ethernet drivers based on the
eCos code. I never did need to actually do anything with this, so I
don't have any code to share. Of course since you plan on modifying
one of the drivers, you can modify the relevant parts of that as well.

Good luck.
David