* [ECOS] about elix
@ 2001-05-23 23:36 wangwei
From: wangwei @ 2001-05-23 23:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi,all
I want some application with dynamic creating thread . So I must use elix in
ecos .
Does anybody tell me if elix in ecos is stable?
And does anybody port SAMBA to ecos ?
thanks.

* Re: [ECOS] about elix
@ 2001-05-24  0:11 ` wangwei
From: wangwei @ 2001-05-24  0:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi:
I met a problem When tring nanox in ecos .
In file ntetris.c ,The function nanosleep() is called .
this function belong elix module ,file "time.cxx" ; it will call
pthread_self_info()
to get pthread_info , but the thread "ntetris" isn't created by
pthread_create(),but cyg_thread_create(). So it will return a involid
pthread_info which value is 0 .
when nanosleep() called "self->thread->delay( ticks )" in file time.cxx
line number 633 , it will read or write some member variable of cyg_thread
,it is
possible to cause a exception 4 .(invilid memory operation).
Do you think it is correct ?
Thinks!

* Re: [ECOS] about elix
@ 2001-05-24  8:11   ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2001-05-24  8:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: wangwei; +Cc: ecos-discuss

wangwei wrote:

> Hi:
> I met a problem When tring nanox in ecos .
> In file ntetris.c ,The function nanosleep() is called .
> this function belong elix module ,file "time.cxx" ; it will call
> pthread_self_info()
> to get pthread_info , but the thread "ntetris" isn't created by
> pthread_create(),but cyg_thread_create().

You cannot use nanosleep() with non-POSIX threads.

Jifl

* Re: [ECOS] about elix
@ 2001-05-24  8:13 ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2001-05-24  8:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: wangwei; +Cc: ecos-discuss

wangwei wrote:

> Hi,all
> I want some application with dynamic creating thread . So I must use elix in
> ecos .

eCos also has its own native threads which you can dynamically create. This
isn't specific to EL/IX.

> Does anybody tell me if elix in ecos is stable?

Should be. There are a few issues outstanding people have reported which
I'm going to get too soon, honest! But it's basically all okay.

Jifl