* [ECOS] x86 eCos and RedBoot support
@ 2001-05-24  9:10 Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2001-05-24  9:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: eCos discussion

At long last, we have had an opportunity to pull together the various
patches, along with some additional work of our own to support eCos and
RedBoot on x86 based PC targets. It's been far too long coming, but we will
be able to get this into anonymous CVS sometime within the next couple of
weeks.

The support will include RedBoot, i82559 (Intel EtherExpress Pro 10/100)
NIC driver, and PCI support.

In addition, we have redesigned the synthetic target Linux support and made
a number of improvements. One of them being that it now lives in its own
HAL so that the x86 port no longer has to worry about supporting that, and
it now has the potential for being hosted on non-Linux targets.

We'll have more details when it's out.

Jifl

only message in thread, other threads:[~2001-05-24  9:10 UTC | newest]