* [ECOS] Re: net and snmp EPKs
@ 2001-05-28  0:18 Fano Ramparany
From: Fano Ramparany @ 2001-05-28  0:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: diyan1; +Cc: eCos Disuss

        You can download  net-1.0b1.epk from
        http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/getstart.html
        latest versions are available from the Anonymous CVS repository

Subject:
         net and snmp EPKs
   Date:
         Fri, 25 May 2001 22:39:24 -0700 (PDT)
   From:
         di yan <diyan1@yahoo.com>
     To:
         ecos-discuss@sourceware.cygnus.com

Hi everyone,

Where can I download snmp-1.0by.epk and net-1.0by.epk?

Thanks in advance,

Best wishes,

Di

* Re: [ECOS] Re: net and snmp EPKs
@ 2001-05-29 10:01 ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2001-05-29 10:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fano.Ramparany; +Cc: diyan1, eCos Disuss

Fano Ramparany wrote:

>         You can download  net-1.0b1.epk from
>         http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/getstart.html
>         latest versions are available from the Anonymous CVS repository

It's probably better to use the versions from anonymous CVS in fact.

Jifl

* Re: [ECOS] Re: net and snmp EPKs
@ 2001-05-30 15:53   ` di yan
From: di yan @ 2001-05-30 15:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jonathan Larmour, Fano.Ramparany; +Cc: diyan1, eCos Disuss

There is not .epk file in anonymous CVS. Does it mean
we don't need the .epk? Can we only use "ecosconfig
new mbx net" to add the net package?

Thanks,

Di
--- Jonathan Larmour <jlarmour@redhat.com> wrote:
> Fano Ramparany wrote:
> >
> >         You can download  net-1.0b1.epk from
> >
> http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/getstart.html
> >         latest versions are available from the
> Anonymous CVS repository
>
> It's probably better to use the versions from
> anonymous CVS in fact.
>
> Jifl
> --
> Red Hat, Rustat House, Clifton Road, Cambridge, UK.
> Tel: +44 (1223) 271062
> Maybe this world is another planet's Hell -Aldous
> Huxley || Opinions==mine

* Re: [ECOS] Re: net and snmp EPKs
@ 2001-05-30 17:54     ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2001-05-30 17:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: di yan; +Cc: eCos Disuss

di yan wrote:

> There is not .epk file in anonymous CVS. Does it mean
> we don't need the .epk? Can we only use "ecosconfig
> new mbx net" to add the net package?

If you go to http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/anoncvs.html you'll read how to
add the net and snmp stuff into your existing anonymous CVS checkout.

Jifl

* Re: [ECOS] Re: net and snmp EPKs
@ 2001-05-31  5:20     ` Fano Ramparany
From: Fano Ramparany @ 2001-05-31  5:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: di yan; +Cc: Jonathan Larmour, eCos Disuss

di yan wrote:

> There is not .epk file in anonymous CVS. Does it mean
> we don't need the .epk?

epk is simply a compressed format for software packages.
the net package source files are available from the CVS repository,
so if you check them out, you don't need them in epk format anymore.

Fano