* [ECOS] fail to compile using GCC
@ 2001-05-29  1:59 Piteir
From: Piteir @ 2001-05-29  1:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi,

I am Piteir

I have just to use eCOS and download eCOS ver 1.3.1
from net distribution. I am using win98SE on the host
PC and Cywin ver 1.3.2, My target device is Cirrus
Logic Maverick EP7211.

I have follow to build the cross compiler for ARM from
http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/tools/win-arm-elf.html

I used binutils-2.11 instead of binutils-2.10.1 and
GDB 5.0 distribution.

I try to compile using:
arm-elf-gcc -g -o hello.exe -I/c/usr/include hello.c
-L/c/usr/lib -T/usr/lib/target.ld -nostdlib

but got error message that cannot find "target.ld"
file, I have tried to find it and still cann't find
it.

-is it possible that something wrong when I built the
ARM development tools for windows? or this is another
kind of problem?

-also I got confused because the real syntax example
for compiling is like:
arm-elf-gcc -g -o 'filename'.exe -IINSTALL_DIR.
what INSTALL_DIR here supposed to be, the cygwin or
eCOS dir?

-I also try to build the tests from eCOS configuration
tools but fail to run that, I got warning on "set
remotedebug" and some errors so I use cywin to run the
tes and success, is the anyone know how to fix this so
can be run in eCOS configuration Tool.

best regards,
Piteir

~newinlinux

http://auctions.yahoo.com/

* Re: [ECOS] fail to compile using GCC
@ 2001-05-29 10:23 ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2001-05-29 10:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Piteir; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Piteir wrote:
> I try to compile using:
> arm-elf-gcc -g -o hello.exe -I/c/usr/include hello.c
> -L/c/usr/lib -T/usr/lib/target.ld -nostdlib
>
> but got error message that cannot find "target.ld"
> file, I have tried to find it and still cann't find
> it.

/usr/lib isn't the right path (nor is /c/usr/include nor /c/usr/lib). You
should be pointing at the eCos "install" directory which you would have
built from within the configuration tool.

> -is it possible that something wrong when I built the
> ARM development tools for windows? or this is another
> kind of problem?
>
> -also I got confused because the real syntax example
> for compiling is like:
> arm-elf-gcc -g -o 'filename'.exe -IINSTALL_DIR.
> what INSTALL_DIR here supposed to be, the cygwin or
> eCOS dir?

Your eCos install directory.

> -I also try to build the tests from eCOS configuration
> tools but fail to run that, I got warning on "set
> remotedebug"

You can ignore this warning.

> and some errors so I use cywin to run the
> tes and success, is the anyone know how to fix this so
> can be run in eCOS configuration Tool.

You'll have to be more specific about the errors.

Jifl

* Re: [ECOS] fail to compile using GCC
@ 2001-05-29 21:36   ` Piteir
From: Piteir @ 2001-05-29 21:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jonathan Larmour; +Cc: ECOS

--- Jonathan Larmour <jlarmour@redhat.com> wrote:
> > and some errors so I use cywin to run the
> > tes and success, is the anyone know how to fix
> this so
> > can be run in eCOS configuration Tool.
>
> You'll have to be more specific about the errors.

Sorry, I forget the spesific errors, (later I'll
attach) but then I try to use gdb_module in my EDB7211
instead of cygmon and the tests run just fine.

thanks, for the help.

* Re: [ECOS] fail to compile using GCC
@ 2001-05-30  8:33     ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2001-05-30  8:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Piteir; +Cc: ECOS

Piteir wrote:

> --- Jonathan Larmour <jlarmour@redhat.com> wrote:
> > > and some errors so I use cywin to run the
> > > tes and success, is the anyone know how to fix
> > this so
> > > can be run in eCOS configuration Tool.
> >
> > You'll have to be more specific about the errors.
> >

> Sorry, I forget the spesific errors, (later I'll
> attach) but then I try to use gdb_module in my EDB7211
> instead of cygmon and the tests run just fine.

Have you tried RedBoot? We recommend RedBoot now. Instructions are in the
RedBoot User's Guide on the web - see
http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/boards/edb7211.html

Jifl