* [ECOS] Redboot and MPC8240
@ 2001-05-28 22:02 K Srinivas Aithal
From: K Srinivas Aithal @ 2001-05-28 22:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi,

The "supported hardware list" in the redhat web site
shows that redboot is not supported on the 603e
(simulator) based platform. My board is an MPC8240
(603e core) Sandpoint board from Motorola. Is it very
time eating to port the redboot on to my borad.

K Srinivas Aithal

http://auctions.yahoo.com/

* Re: [ECOS] Redboot and MPC8240
@ 2001-05-29 10:33 ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2001-05-29 10:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: K Srinivas Aithal; +Cc: ecos-discuss

K Srinivas Aithal wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The "supported hardware list" in the redhat web site
> shows that redboot is not supported on the 603e
> (simulator) based platform. My board is an MPC8240
> (603e core) Sandpoint board from Motorola. Is it very
> time eating to port the redboot on to my borad.

Support for the 603 came up recently. There _is_ a ppc60x variant HAL in
the anonymous CVS sources. It's probably not complete, but since you'll
have to do a board port anyway, filling in the gaps isn't likely to be of
much consequence, and all the framework is there.

There are several powerpc ports already around to base a port on, so it may
not take too long depending on your experience, and whether the board is
awkward :-). If you are short of time, or want to be sure of a high quality
port, and/or want good support, you could consider contracting Red Hat to
do the port for you. If you would be interested in that, feel free to
e-mail <ecos-info@redhat.com>

Jifl