Gary Thomas wrote: > On 31-May-2001 Jonathan Larmour wrote: > > Rafael Rodríguez Velilla wrote: > >> > >> I can't find any place where the member msr of the struct > >> HAL_SavedRegisters is used (I have reviewed only the ARM > >> implementation). I think that this member should be omitted from the > >> struct. > > > >>From what I can see you are right (although Gary should probably confirm). > > The only thing is that if we remove it now, it may cause incompatibilities > > between a GDB stub in ROM and applications, if built from different > > sources, since ARMREG_SIZE in vectors.S will have changed. > > I'm pretty sure that I defined that register _just in case_ it was important. > It might still be with some future version of the ARM chip. > > I'd rather not remove it, both to retain pure compatability and for stability > reasons. I also don't see much benefit from saving 4 bytes. What about using a cdl option to let the user decide if he wants that kind of backward compatibility? -- Rafael Rodríguez Velilla rrv@tid.es Telefónica I+D http://www.tid.es Telf: +34 - 91 337 4270