* [ECOS] eCos CVS server still obsolete?
@ 2001-06-01  9:03 Fabrice Gautier
From: Fabrice Gautier @ 2001-06-01  9:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi,

Last year I complained about eCos cvs server wasn't generating correct
diffs because of a bug corrected in more recent versions.

Today I'm complaining because it looks like the old CVS server doesn't
support the "update -C" option.

This will hoppefully convince somebody to do the - probably
painfull - update of the cvs server.. :-)

Thanks

--
Fabrice Gautier <gautier@email.enstfr>

* Re: [ECOS] eCos CVS server still obsolete?
@ 2001-06-01  9:17 ` Andrew Lunn
From: Andrew Lunn @ 2001-06-01  9:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fabrice Gautier; +Cc: ecos-discuss, sourcemaster

> From: Fabrice Gautier <gautier@email.enst.fr>
> To: ecos-discuss@sources.redhat.com
> Subject: [ECOS] eCos CVS server still obsolete?
> Hi,
>
> Last year I complained about eCos cvs server wasn't generating correct
> diffs because of a bug corrected in more recent versions.
> Today I'm complaining because it looks like the old CVS server doesn't
> support the "update -C" option.
>
> This will hoppefully convince somebody to do the - probably
> painfull - update of the cvs server.. :-)

It may be worth complaining on one of the more high volume lists which
also use the CVS server. eg one of the gcc lists?

You could also try a directed email at sourcemaster@sources.redhat.com

        Andrew

* Re: [ECOS] eCos CVS server still obsolete?
@ 2001-06-01 10:03   ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2001-06-01 10:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew Lunn; +Cc: Fabrice Gautier, ecos-discuss, sourcemaster

Andrew Lunn wrote:

> > From: Fabrice Gautier <gautier@email.enst.fr>
> > To: ecos-discuss@sources.redhat.com
> > Subject: [ECOS] eCos CVS server still obsolete?
> > Hi,
> >
> > Last year I complained about eCos cvs server wasn't generating correct
> > diffs because of a bug corrected in more recent versions.
> > Today I'm complaining because it looks like the old CVS server doesn't
> > support the "update -C" option.
> >
> > This will hoppefully convince somebody to do the - probably
> > painfull - update of the cvs server.. :-)
>
> It may be worth complaining on one of the more high volume lists which
> also use the CVS server. eg one of the gcc lists?
>
> You could also try a directed email at sourcemaster@sources.redhat.com

It's a well known issue. The cvs server that Red Hat uses has a bunch of
hacks that need preserving. Unfortunately no-one has had the problem to
apply these hacks to a new version of the sources and test it.

Jifl
Come to the Red Hat TechWorld open source conference in Brussels!
Keynotes, techie talks and exhibitions    http://www.redhat-techworld.com/

* Re: [ECOS] eCos CVS server still obsolete?
@ 2001-06-01 10:09     ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2001-06-01 10:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew Lunn, Fabrice Gautier, ecos-discuss, sourcemaster

Jonathan Larmour wrote:

> It's a well known issue. The cvs server that Red Hat uses has a bunch of
> hacks that need preserving. Unfortunately no-one has had the problem to
                                                               ^^^^^^^
                                                                 time

Stupid me.