* [ECOS] TFTP Problem
@ 2001-06-04 11:24 Marek Łącki
From: Marek Łącki @ 2001-06-04 11:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi
I have problem with TFTP client . I created server and client tftp on  two
MPC 860. When I connected to server with another client ( from Cygwin) all
wroked correctly but if I used eCos tftp client and try to get a file , I
coudn't do it. When anlalised a net packets , I saw that client sent a
request and server responsed. Server sent a packet ( file) to client but
client coudn't receive it. Function tftp_get returned -1 ; What is wrong ???
Marek lacki@rts.com.pl

* Re: [ECOS] TFTP Problem
@ 2001-06-04 11:56 ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2001-06-04 11:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marek £±cki; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Marek £±cki wrote:

> Hi
> I have problem with TFTP client . I created server and client tftp on  two
> MPC 860. When I connected to server with another client ( from Cygwin) all
> wroked correctly but if I used eCos tftp client and try to get a file , I
> coudn't do it. When anlalised a net packets , I saw that client sent a
> request and server responsed. Server sent a packet ( file) to client but
> client coudn't receive it. Function tftp_get returned -1 ; What is wrong ???

Look at the *err argument you passed to tftp_get() and decode it from
tftp_support.h in your include hierarchy in your install tree.

Jifl
Come to the Red Hat TechWorld open source conference in Brussels!
Keynotes, techie talks and exhibitions    http://www.redhat-techworld.com/

* Re: [ECOS] TFTP problem
@ 2001-06-05  5:58 ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2001-06-05  5:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marek £±cki; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Marek £±cki wrote:

> Marek ??cki wrote:
>  Hi
>  I have problem with TFTP client . I created server and client tftp on  two
>  MPC 860. When I connected to server with another client ( from Cygwin) all
>  wroked correctly but if I used eCos tftp client and try to get a file , I
>  coudn't do it. When anlalised a net packets , I saw that client sent a
>  request and server responsed. Server sent a packet ( file) to client but
> client coudn't receive it. Function tftp_get returned -1 and  the *err
> argument
>  I passed to tftp_get() = 8 (Time out) ; What is wrong ???

Looks like it timed out ;-).

The TFTP client waits 5 seconds before timing out an initial connection. If
you edit net/tcpip/current/include/tftp_support.h, and incrase
TFTP_TIMEOUT_PERIOD it might help, if your server isn't replying fast
enough.

If that doesn't help, you should probably try debugging tftp_get().

Jifl
Come to the Red Hat TechWorld open source conference in Brussels!
Keynotes, techie talks and exhibitions    http://www.redhat-techworld.com/

* [ECOS] TFTP problem
@ 2001-06-04 23:06 Marek Łącki