* [ECOS] problem in SREC format for downloading with XMODEM
@ 2001-06-06 20:34 Piteir
From: Piteir @ 2001-06-06 20:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ECOS

Hi,
Can somebody help me, I have two questions?

1. I am using EDB7211 with redboot_ROM. I have tried
to download redboot image in SREC format with TeraTerm
Pro using XMODEM protocol as a test and succesfull.

I try to download the hello example in srec format
using XMODEM protocol but always fail. I typed:

arm-elf-objcopy -O srec hello.exe hello.srec

to convert it, I also tried:

arm-elf-objcopy -O srec --srec-forceS3 hello.exe
hello.srec

and still failed.

Can somebody tell how to soolve this?

2. When I use redboot I try to test in eCOS
Configuration tool and always fail till timeout (with
GDB stub every tests run succesfully), can somebody
tell me waht to do?

thanks
Piteir

* Re: [ECOS] problem in SREC format for downloading with XMODEM
@ 2001-06-07  9:22 ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2001-06-07  9:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Piteir; +Cc: ECOS

Piteir wrote:

> Hi,
> Can somebody help me, I have two questions?
>
> 1. I am using EDB7211 with redboot_ROM. I have tried
> to download redboot image in SREC format with TeraTerm
> Pro using XMODEM protocol as a test and succesfull.
>
> I try to download the hello example in srec format
> using XMODEM protocol but always fail. I typed:
>
> arm-elf-objcopy -O srec hello.exe hello.srec
>
> to convert it, I also tried:
>
> arm-elf-objcopy -O srec --srec-forceS3 hello.exe
> hello.srec
>
> and still failed.
>
> Can somebody tell how to soolve this?

It failed to convert? Or failed to transmit over xmodem? If so did it give
an error?

Did you build the hello.exe for "RAM" startup?

> 2. When I use redboot I try to test in eCOS
> Configuration tool and always fail till timeout (with
> GDB stub every tests run succesfully), can somebody
> tell me waht to do?

Does the RedBoot CLI itself work fine?

Jifl
Come to the Red Hat TechWorld open source conference in Brussels!
Keynotes, techie talks and exhibitions    http://www.redhat-techworld.com/

* Re: [ECOS] problem in SREC format for downloading with XMODEM
@ 2001-06-08  0:54   ` Piteir
From: Piteir @ 2001-06-08  0:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ECOS; +Cc: Jonathan Larmour

> > I try to download the hello example in srec format
> > using XMODEM protocol but always fail. I typed:
> >
> > arm-elf-objcopy -O srec hello.exe hello.srec
> >
> > to convert it, I also tried:
> >
> > arm-elf-objcopy -O srec --srec-forceS3 hello.exe
> > hello.srec
> >
> > and still failed.
> >
> > Can somebody tell how to soolve this?
>
> It failed to convert? Or failed to transmit over
> xmodem? If so did it give
> an error?
>
> Did you build the hello.exe for "RAM" startup?

Yes, I have build it for "RAM" startup. It failed in
transmit, only 3 packet that my board received (I
looked it from progress indicator).

> > 2. When I use redboot I try to test in eCOS
> > Configuration tool and always fail till timeout
> (with
> > GDB stub every tests run succesfully), can
> somebody
> > tell me waht to do?
>
> Does the RedBoot CLI itself work fine?

Yes, Redboot CLI work just fine

Regards

@ 2001-06-08  1:46     ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2001-06-08  1:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Piteir; +Cc: ECOS

Piteir wrote:

> > Did you build the hello.exe for "RAM" startup?
>
> Yes, I have build it for "RAM" startup. It failed in
> transmit, only 3 packet that my board received (I
> looked it from progress indicator).

Are you sure the RAM address it is being loading to is correct? Also did
you use a clean eCos build tree? Other than that I can only suggest going
into redboot's xyzModem.c, putting a #define DEBUG at the top, and
adjusting zm_dprintf to use the second serial port on the edb so you can
see the debug ouput.