* RE: [ECOS] Debug output
@ 2001-06-13 11:53 Trenton D. Adams
From: Trenton D. Adams @ 2001-06-13 11:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Jonathan Larmour'; +Cc: 'eCos'

> > > port when my
> starts up
> > > by default
> > >
> > > The default serial port for diag output is defined in your
> > > configuration.
> >
> > Does that mean it's hardcoded in or available as an option in
> > my config tool?  If it's an option, where do I find it?
> >
> Never mind, I found it.  It's called "Debug serial port".

I mean "Diagnostic serial port".

* Re: [ECOS] Debug output
@ 2001-06-13 12:10 ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2001-06-13 12:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Trenton D. Adams; +Cc: 'eCos'

"Trenton D. Adams" wrote:

> > starts up

> > > Does that mean it's hardcoded in or available as an option in
> > > my config tool?  If it's an option, where do I find it?
> > >
> > Never mind, I found it.  It's called "Debug serial port".
> >

> I mean "Diagnostic serial port".

Remember this is only the default. It _can_ be changed at runtime. But
please don't ask me how unless you really need to know :-).

Jifl
Come to the Red Hat TechWorld open source conference in Brussels!
Keynotes, techie talks and exhibitions    http://www.redhat-techworld.com/

* Re: [ECOS] Debug output
@ 2001-06-13 13:23       ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2001-06-13 13:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Trenton D. Adams; +Cc: 'eCos'

"Trenton D. Adams" wrote:

> So, when can we expect that in CVS?  No RUSH now! :)

CVS releases normally happen weekly on a Friday. That's the goal anyway.

@ 2001-06-13 13:06     ` Trenton D. Adams
From: Trenton D. Adams @ 2001-06-13 13:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Gary Thomas', 'Jonathan Larmour'; +Cc: 'eCos'

So, when can we expect that in CVS?  No RUSH now! :)

* Re: [ECOS] Debug output
@ 2001-06-13 12:50   ` Gary Thomas
From: Gary Thomas @ 2001-06-13 12:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jonathan Larmour; +Cc: eCos, Trenton D. Adams

@ 2001-06-13 12:39   ` Trenton D. Adams
From: Trenton D. Adams @ 2001-06-13 12:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Jonathan Larmour'; +Cc: 'eCos'

I decided to work around it by switch the diag output to UART2.

@ 2001-06-13 11:52 Trenton D. Adams
From: Trenton D. Adams @ 2001-06-13 11:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Trenton D. Adams', 'Jonathan Larmour'; +Cc: 'eCos'

@ 2001-06-13 11:44       ` Trenton D. Adams
From: Trenton D. Adams @ 2001-06-13 11:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Jonathan Larmour'; +Cc: 'eCos'

@ 2001-06-13 11:34     ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2001-06-13 11:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Trenton D. Adams; +Cc: 'eCos'

@ 2001-06-13 11:31   ` Trenton D. Adams

> I noticed that my serial I/O is sending some debug info too if I run
> my ROM based program.  Running the RAM based programming using RedBoot

> doesn't send this information to the serial port, but does send it
> back to GDB.
>
> Network stack using 65536 bytes for misc space
>                     65536 bytes for mbufs
>                     131072 bytes for mbuf clusters
> serial example is working correctly!
>
> I'm using TCP/IP to connect so I can use the serial port separately
> from the GDB connection.
>
> How do I get rid of this?  I assume it's an option in the eCos config,

> but I can't seem to find it.

I'm not entirely convinced about it's use now myself. When the TCP/IP
stack was new it was informative, but now we could make it optional.

For you, work around it by editting
net/tcpip/current/src/ecos/support.c,
in the function cyg_kmem_init().

Gary, any reason not to make a config option that controls debug output.
It could be a component that included other things like DHCP_CHATTER.

Jifl
--
Red Hat, Rustat House, Clifton Road, Cambridge, UK. Tel: +44 (1223)
271062 Maybe this world is another planet's Hell -Aldous Huxley ||
Opinions==mine Come to the Red Hat TechWorld open source conference in
Brussels!
Keynotes, techie talks and exhibitions
http://www.redhat-techworld.com/

* Re: [ECOS] Debug output
@ 2001-06-13 11:21 ` Jonathan Larmour
                     ` (2 more replies)
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2001-06-13 11:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Trenton D. Adams; +Cc: 'eCos'

"Trenton D. Adams" wrote:

> I noticed that my serial I/O is sending some debug info too if I run my
> ROM based program.  Running the RAM based programming using RedBoot
> doesn't send this information to the serial port, but does send it back
> to GDB.
>
> Network stack using 65536 bytes for misc space
>                     65536 bytes for mbufs
>                     131072 bytes for mbuf clusters
> serial example is working correctly!
>
> I'm using TCP/IP to connect so I can use the serial port separately from
> the GDB connection.
>
> How do I get rid of this?  I assume it's an option in the eCos config,
> but I can't seem to find it.

I'm not entirely convinced about it's use now myself. When the TCP/IP stack
was new it was informative, but now we could make it optional.

For you, work around it by editting net/tcpip/current/src/ecos/support.c,
in the function cyg_kmem_init().

Gary, any reason not to make a config option that controls debug output. It
could be a component that included other things like DHCP_CHATTER.

Jifl
Come to the Red Hat TechWorld open source conference in Brussels!
Keynotes, techie talks and exhibitions    http://www.redhat-techworld.com/

* [ECOS] Debug output
@ 2001-06-13  8:33 Trenton D. Adams