* [ECOS]  Re: Problem with redboot.bin &quotNo network interfaces found"
@ 2001-06-27 11:42 Sateesh  Soman
From: Sateesh  Soman @ 2001-06-27 11:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jlarmour; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Hi Jonathan,
Thanks for the fast reply.

>> 1. I have used Redboot.bin (which I downloaded few days back) to boot the floppy.
>> I have now got a Intel 82559 NIC and booted the target. When I try to boot, I get the error:
>> Can't get BOOTP info - network disabled!

>Actually there isn't. All that's needed though is to >edit redboot/net/ip.c
>and change the initializer for __local_ip_addr and then >rebuild redboot. I
>think I'll add a config option for this.
But I am afraid, I dont see that file in my installation. Is it a part of 1.3.1 ? Or a part of ecos-latest?

>> I have tried various combinations of load command like
>> 'load -v -m xMODEM'
>> The output is
>> "CCCCCCCCCC<<some ascii chars>>Can't load <<ascii>> file:Timed out."

>If you are seeing this that implies your terminal >program doesn't seem to
>be sending anything via xmodem!
I have tried using yMODEM too and "Send text file" also.

>> 2. Now, I wanted to try with serial and I have built the stubs (gdb_module.bin and .img)

>I would recommend building redboot instead, not stubs.
I'd check this and revert.

> and selected the O/P to be on the
> PC monitor.. made a bootable with the gdb_module.bin and booted the target. I get that
>> 'magic number' on the target monitor again. Now when I try to connect to the target using
>> serial and run the tests, I get a series of those 'magic numbers' for each test.

>If you selected the output to be on the monitor, then >you won't get it on serial. What magic numbers do you >mean?
Something like: +$T05:ED2324... don't remember the pattern correctly. Similar to the one I got when I booted my target.

Come to the Red Hat TechWorld open source conference in Brussels!
Keynotes, techie talks and exhibitions    http://www.redhat-techworld.com/

Buy Feng Shui Package for Rs. 151/- only, at http://shopping.rediff.com/shopping/fengshui_mailer.htm

* [ECOS] Re: Problem with redboot.bin &quotNo network interfaces found"
@ 2001-06-27 11:51 ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2001-06-27 11:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sateesh Soman; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Sateesh Soman wrote:

> Hi Jonathan,
> Thanks for the fast reply.
>
> >> 1. I have used Redboot.bin (which I downloaded few days back) to boot the floppy.
> >> I have now got a Intel 82559 NIC and booted the target. When I try to boot, I get the error:
> >> Can't get BOOTP info - network disabled!
>
> >Actually there isn't. All that's needed though is to >edit redboot/net/ip.c
> >and change the initializer for __local_ip_addr and then >rebuild redboot. I
> >think I'll add a config option for this.
> But I am afraid, I dont see that file in my installation. Is it a part of 1.3.1 ? Or a part of ecos-latest?

Anonymous CVS. http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/anoncvs.html

Jifl

@ 2001-06-28 15:40 ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2001-06-28 15:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sateesh Soman; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Sateesh Soman wrote:

> Hi Jonathan,
> Thanks for the info.
> I have got the latest eCos version (28th June) downloaded and I also have eCos Configuration tool 2.0 installed on my machine. I was trying to build redboot.bin for i386. I had given the path of i386-elf-gcc, but when I try to give the path of cat and ls, it doesn't accept. I get an error something like this "The directory doesn't seem to have those files. Continue?". Either I 'OK' or 'Cancel' it, the make fails, saying
> "make -j1 -directory, unable to create x86_build". But x86_build has already been created.
>
> Also, I have checked for mkdir, bash etc.. the files are pretty much there. And this was the directory, I have used for my old configuration.

The eCos configuration tool 2.0 is an alpha. That bug should be fixed now
in the current version. If not, you can try the 1.3.12 tools from

@ 2001-06-28 15:21 Sateesh  Soman
From: Sateesh  Soman @ 2001-06-28 15:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jlarmour; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Hi Jonathan,
Thanks for the info.
I have got the latest eCos version (28th June) downloaded and I also have eCos Configuration tool 2.0 installed on my machine. I was trying to build redboot.bin for i386. I had given the path of i386-elf-gcc, but when I try to give the path of cat and ls, it doesn't accept. I get an error something like this "The directory doesn't seem to have those files. Continue?". Either I 'OK' or 'Cancel' it, the make fails, saying
"make -j1 -directory, unable to create x86_build". But x86_build has already been created.

Also, I have checked for mkdir, bash etc.. the files are pretty much there. And this was the directory, I have used for my old configuration.

Could you please help me here.

Thanks in Advance.
Sateesh.