* [ECOS] Pruning eCos source tree
@ 2001-06-27 11:45 Grant Edwards
From: Grant Edwards @ 2001-06-27 11:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

We're shipping an ARM7 based product that runs eCos.  It
currently ships with application/eCos in flash.  The next step
is to provide some customers with a development SW kit so they
can write their own eCos apps for the platform.

I'd like to ship both an eCos install tree and an eCos source
tree.

Is it possible to prune the source tree down a little (e.g.
eliminating HALs for other platforms)?  Would I need to get rid
of stuff in ecos.db also?

--
Grant Edwards
grante@visi.com

* Re: [ECOS] Pruning eCos source tree
@ 2001-06-27 12:23 ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2001-06-27 12:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Grant Edwards; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Grant Edwards wrote:

> We're shipping an ARM7 based product that runs eCos.  It
> currently ships with application/eCos in flash.  The next step
> is to provide some customers with a development SW kit so they
> can write their own eCos apps for the platform.
>
> I'd like to ship both an eCos install tree and an eCos source
> tree.
>
> Is it possible to prune the source tree down a little (e.g.
> eliminating HALs for other platforms)? Would I need to get rid
> of stuff in ecos.db also?

As it happens, the latest versions of the command line tools, (and also
version 2 of the eCos configuration tool I believe), do not warn about
packages in ecos.db that are missing unless you ask for extra verbosity
with -v. However you may want to tidy it up anyway for completeness.

Jifl
Come to the Red Hat TechWorld open source conference in Brussels!
Keynotes, techie talks and exhibitions    http://www.redhat-techworld.com/

* RE: [ECOS] Pruning eCos source tree
@ 2001-06-27 12:02 Dan Conti
From: Dan Conti @ 2001-06-27 12:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

If i remember correctly, you can remove the source/cdl for components
you dont use, but you'll get a warning (for every component) because
your ecos.db doesn't properly match the source tree. So the safe bet is
to prune the ecos.db at the same time.

-Dan