* RE: [ECOS] Anybody made user command shell program on eCos ?
@ 2001-06-28  9:22 Nixon, Roger
From: Nixon, Roger @ 2001-06-28  9:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

I suspect that Tony is after a console that would allow execution of
commands (i.e. function calls) from a console thread / spawned thread
(within the eCos application) to examine / manipulate the state of the
running system (other threads).

Is something like that available?

Roger

From: Chris Gray @ 2001-06-29  5:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nixon, Roger; +Cc: ecos-discuss

"Nixon, Roger" wrote:

> I suspect that Tony is after a console that would allow execution of
> commands (i.e. function calls) from a console thread / spawned thread
> (within the eCos application) to examine / manipulate the state of the
> running system (other threads).
>
> Is something like that available?
>
> Roger

He could try FICL ...

http://ficl.sourceforge.net/ficl.html

Chris

* RE: [ECOS] Anybody made user command shell program on eCos ?]
@ 2001-06-28  9:50 ` Hugo Tyson
From: Hugo Tyson @ 2001-06-28  9:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

"Tony Ko" <nhko@gctsemi.com> wrote:
> Such like "RedBoot contains a command line" .
> I also want something like "memory write".
> RedBoot only contains "memory read " command.
>
> I expect these kind of command will be used on eCos.

If you just want a non-threaded test application that does a function call
and it is designed to be extensible in many ways including the command
list.

And "Nixon, Roger" <Roger.Nixon@quantumbeam.com> wrote:
> I suspect that Tony is after a console that would allow execution of
> commands (i.e. function calls) from a console thread / spawned thread
> (within the eCos application) to examine / manipulate the state of the
> running system (other threads).

But if you want something threaded and which waits for serial input
asynchronously and the like, so that other threads can run freely, then...

> Is something like that available?

Not AFIAK; that would be a far more sophisticated application.

	- Huge

* Re: [ECOS] Anybody made user command shell program on eCos ?
@ 2001-06-28  9:11 ` Hugo Tyson
From: Hugo Tyson @ 2001-06-28  9:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

@ 2001-06-28  9:03 Tony Ko
From: Tony Ko @ 2001-06-28  9:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi.
I ported MBX860 eCos to my custom mpc860 board.
Do you by any chance have user command shell program running on eCos?

thanks.

Nohee Ko
Staff Engineer, SI Hardware
www.gctsemi.com