* Re: [ECOS] problem regarding redboot building
@ 2001-07-05 19:48 A Roturier
From: A Roturier @ 2001-07-05 19:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jlarmour; +Cc: ecos-discuss

> > $ cygtclsh80
> > //e/cygwin/ecos/packages/hal/arm/e7t/current/src/flash_cksum.tcl
> > couldn't read file
> > "//e/cygwin/ecos/packages/hal/arm/e7t/current/src/flash_cksum
> > .tcl": no such file or directory
> >
> > it seems cygtclsh80.exe doesn't recognize the files with full path name?
> > should i get newest cygtclsh80.exe?
>
>I don't think there is a newer one. But it's a worth a go to check. I'm
>sure we would have seen this before for other scripts (like the AEB) so I
>_think_ there's about your config in particular. Almost needless to say it
>works in Linux :-|.

hello,

i posted this question to cygwin mailing list and got a satisfying answer.
:p

>It is no problem -- it is just cygwin's tcl/tk, they are mingw versions :))
>They are not linked against cygwin1.dll, so cygwin mounts and paths have no
>meaning for them. You can change "//e/cygwin/ecos[the_rest_of_the_path]"
>with
>"e:/cygwin/ecos[the_rest_of_the_path]" which are good filenames for them.

$ e:/cygwin/ecos/packages/hal/arm/e7t/current/src/flash_cksum.tcl
usage: flash_cksum <file>

it works now. so shall the related building files be modified accordingly?

thanx,
kc

* Re: [ECOS] problem regarding redboot building
@ 2001-07-06 12:32 ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2001-07-06 12:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: A Roturier; +Cc: ecos-discuss

A Roturier wrote:

> $ e:/cygwin/ecos/packages/hal/arm/e7t/current/src/flash_cksum.tcl
> usage: flash_cksum <file>
>
> it works now. so shall the related building files be modified accordingly?

We're working on changing this area anyway because of an upcoming change to
cygwin that will remove support for the //e syntax anyway.

Jifl
Come to the Red Hat TechWorld open source conference in Brussels!
Keynotes, techie talks and exhibitions    http://www.redhat-techworld.com/

* Re: [ECOS] problem regarding redboot building
@ 2001-07-05  3:45 ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2001-07-05  3:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: A Roturier; +Cc: ecos-discuss

A Roturier wrote:

> > > no. only a file ecos.ecc is generated.
> >
> >If you go to that directory at the cygwin prompt, can you make an
> >install/include/pkgconf subdirectory yourself with mkdir? If you can, then
> >try the cygtclsh80 commands again. If that returns 1, then try "ecosconfig
> >tree" again with the directories already there, just for fun.
> >

> hi jonathan,
>
> i did try to make that dir earlier and re-run 'ecosconfig tree'  again.
> result was a few include files were
> created in that dir but still no makefile generated.
>
> however, since i am using cygwin, i decide to start it all over. (is
> ecosconfig only applied in unix/linux environment?)
>
> i get latest ecos from anon cvs in cygwin in windows2k pro, and i use
> windwos config tool 2.02. in build->template i choose arm evaluator7t
> board(aka aeb-2) for "hardware" part and redboot for "packages" part. i get
> 4 conflict items but they are resolved after i click continue.
> then i import from ecos/packages/hal/arm/e7t/current/redboot_ROM.ecm and
> save the config file. now i click build->library to start building(binutils
> and gcc have been prepared) and error occurres like,

4? There should only have been 3 I believe:

U CYGSEM_HAL_USE_ROM_MONITOR, new inferred value 0
U CYGDBG_HAL_COMMON_CONTEXT_SAVE_MINIMUM, new inferred value 0
U CYGDBG_HAL_DEBUG_GDB_INCLUDE_STUBS, new inferred value 1

> i check a bit and find a cdl define CYGPKG_REDBOOT_ANY_CONSOLE is disabled
> by the imported config file(redboot_ROM.ecm). so i re-enable it and
> re-build the library. now i have another error like,

That was a bug that's already been fixed internally.

@ 2001-07-05  3:09 A Roturier
From: A Roturier @ 2001-07-05  3:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jlarmour; +Cc: ecos-discuss

> > no. only a file ecos.ecc is generated.
>
>If you go to that directory at the cygwin prompt, can you make an
>install/include/pkgconf subdirectory yourself with mkdir? If you can, then
>try the cygtclsh80 commands again. If that returns 1, then try "ecosconfig
>tree" again with the directories already there, just for fun.

hi jonathan,

i did try to make that dir earlier and re-run 'ecosconfig tree'  again.
result was a few include files were
created in that dir but still no makefile generated.

however, since i am using cygwin, i decide to start it all over. (is
ecosconfig only applied in unix/linux environment?)

i get latest ecos from anon cvs in cygwin in windows2k pro, and i use
windwos config tool 2.02. in build->template i choose arm evaluator7t
board(aka aeb-2) for "hardware" part and redboot for "packages" part. i get
4 conflict items but they are resolved after i click continue.
then i import from ecos/packages/hal/arm/e7t/current/redboot_ROM.ecm and
save the config file. now i click build->library to start building(binutils
and gcc have been prepared) and error occurres like,

arm-elf-gcc -c  -I//E/cygwin/ecos/packages/test_install/include
-I//E/cygwin/ecos/packages/redboot/current
-I//E/cygwin/ecos/packages/redboot/current/src
-I//E/cygwin/ecos/packages/redboot/current/tests -I.
-I//E/cygwin/ecos/packages/redboot/current/src/ -mcpu=arm7tdmi
-mno-short-load-words -Wall -Wpointer-arith -Wstrict-prototypes -Winline
-Wundef -Woverloaded-virtual -g -O2 -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections
-fno-rtti -fno-exceptions -fvtable-gc -finit-priority -Wp,-MD,src/io.tmp -o
src/redboot_io.o //E/cygwin/ecos/packages/redboot/current/src/io.c
//E/cygwin/ecos/packages/redboot/current/src/io.c: In function `do_channel':
//E/cygwin/ecos/packages/redboot/current/src/io.c:102: `console_selected'
undeclared (first use in this function)
//E/cygwin/ecos/packages/redboot/current/src/io.c:102: (Each undeclared
identifier is reported only once
//E/cygwin/ecos/packages/redboot/current/src/io.c:102: for each function it
appears in.)
make[1]: Leaving directory `/ecos/packages/test_build/redboot/current'
make[1]: *** [src/io.o.d] Error 1
make: Leaving directory `/ecos/packages/test_build'
make: *** [build] Error 2

i check a bit and find a cdl define CYGPKG_REDBOOT_ANY_CONSOLE is disabled
by the imported config file(redboot_ROM.ecm). so i re-enable it and
re-build the library. now i have another error like,

arm-elf-gcc -c
-DCHECKSUM=`//E/cygwin/ecos/packages/hal/arm/e7t/current/src/flash_cksum.tcl
src/redboot_ncs.bin`  -I//E/cygwin/ecos/packages/test_install/include
-I//E/cygwin/ecos/packages/hal/arm/e7t/current
-I//E/cygwin/ecos/packages/hal/arm/e7t/current/src
-I//E/cygwin/ecos/packages/hal/arm/e7t/current/tests -I.
-I//E/cygwin/ecos/packages/hal/arm/e7t/current/src/ -mcpu=arm7tdmi
-mno-short-load-words -Wall -Wpointer-arith -Wstrict-prototypes -Winline
-Wundef -Woverloaded-virtual -g -O2 -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections
-fno-rtti -fno-exceptions -fvtable-gc -finit-priority -o src/redboot.o
//E/cygwin/ecos/packages/hal/arm/e7t/current/src/redboot_module.c
couldn't read file
"//E/cygwin/ecos/packages/hal/arm/e7t/current/src/flash_cksum.tcl": no such
file or directory

//E/cygwin/ecos/packages/hal/arm/e7t/current/src/redboot_module.c:91: parse
error before `,'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/ecos/packages/test_build/hal/arm/e7t/current'
make[1]: *** [//E/cygwin/ecos/packages/test_install/bin/redboot.bin] Error 1
make: Leaving directory `/ecos/packages/test_build'
make: *** [build] Error 2

i investigate to find the result..

$ cd /e
$ pwd
/e
$ ls -l cygwin/ecos/packages/hal/arm/e7t/current/src/flash_cksum.tcl
-rwxr-xr-x    1 Administ None         6175 Apr  7 03:06
cygwin/ecos/packages/hal
/arm/e7t/current/src/flash_cksum.tcl
$ cygtclsh80 cygwin/ecos/packages/hal/arm/e7t/current/src/flash_cksum.tcl
usage: flash_cksum <file>
$ ls -l //e/cygwin/ecos/packages/hal/arm/e7t/current/src/flash_cksum.tcl
-rwxr-xr-x    1 Administ None         6175 Apr  7 03:06
//e/cygwin/ecos/packages
/hal/arm/e7t/current/src/flash_cksum.tcl
$ cygtclsh80
//e/cygwin/ecos/packages/hal/arm/e7t/current/src/flash_cksum.tcl
couldn't read file
"//e/cygwin/ecos/packages/hal/arm/e7t/current/src/flash_cksum
.tcl": no such file or directory

it seems cygtclsh80.exe doesn't recognize the files with full path name?
should i get newest cygtclsh80.exe?

regards,
kc

* Re: [ECOS] problem regarding redboot building
@ 2001-07-04 19:54 ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2001-07-04 19:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: A Roturier; +Cc: ecos-discuss

@ 2001-07-02 19:34 A Roturier
From: A Roturier @ 2001-07-02 19:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jlarmour; +Cc: ecos-discuss

:

@ 2001-07-02 11:31 ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2001-07-02 11:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: A Roturier; +Cc: ecos-discuss

A Roturier wrote:

> $ ecosconfig.exe tree
> target install/include/pkgconf is not a valid existing directory.

Okay, _is_ there an install/include/pkgconf/ subdirectory after you run
this? If so what happens if you type:

cygtclsh80

and then at the prompt:

file isdirectory "install/include/pkgconf"

It should print "1".

@ 2001-07-01 20:16 A Roturier
From: A Roturier @ 2001-07-01 20:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jlarmour; +Cc: ecos-discuss

> > $ ecosconfig import \
> >
>${ECOS_REPOSITORY}/hal/${ARCH_DIR}/${PLATFORM_DIR}/current/misc/redboot_RAM.ecm
>
>redboot_RAM.ecm doesn't exist for the PC.

sorry it was excerpted from the guide and i imported redboot_FLOPPY.ecm
instead actually.

> > $ ecosconfig tree
> >
> > and i got this error,
> >
> > target install/include/pkgconf is not a valid existing directory.
> >
> > and there's no makefile generated(i supposed it should be?) but only a
>file
> > ecos.ecc there.
>
>I'm not sure how the ecos.ecc got generated if redboot_RAM.ecm doesn't
>exist.
>
>Is your ECOS_REPOSITORY definitely set okay? What is it? Does it have
>spaces in the path names by any chance?
>
>Jifl

in cygwin,
$ set
    :
    :
ARCH_DIR=i386
BUILDDIR=/redboot
ECOS_REPOSITORY=/ecos/ecos/packages
PLATFORM_DIR=pc
REDBOOTDIR=/ecos/ecos
TARGET=pc
    :
    :

$ cd $BUILDDIR
$ pwd
/redboot

$ ecosconfig new $TARGET redboot
U CYGSEM_HAL_USE_ROM_MONITOR, new inferred value 0
U CYGDBG_HAL_COMMON_CONTEXT_SAVE_MINIMUM, new inferred value 0
U CYGDBG_HAL_DEBUG_GDB_INCLUDE_STUBS, new inferred value 1

$ecosconfig import
${ECOS_REPOSITORY}/hal/${ARCH_DIR}/${PLATFORM_DIR}/current/misc/redboot_FLOPPY.ecm

$ ecosconfig.exe tree
target install/include/pkgconf is not a valid existing directory.

and btw the entire ecos package was retrieved from anoncvs into /ecos.

regards,
kc