* [ECOS] Serial problem on EB40
@ 2001-07-11  0:01 Daniel.Andersson
From: Daniel.Andersson @ 2001-07-11  0:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi,

I have a quite strange problem with my serial port (using a EB40 board). I
can get a handle to the port using the lookup function but when i am trying
to make any calls to it (like cyg_io_set_config) then i get a -EDEVNOSUPP in
return (see clip below). It looks like the serial port isn't setup right in
the DEVTAB since the functioncall "t->handlers->set_config" in iosys.c
doesn't work. Any clues of what the problem maigt be?

Regards, Daniel

---clip from iosys.c----
273	if (!t->handlers->set_config) {
274	        return -EDEVNOSUPP;
275	    }
---end clip from iosys.c----

-----clip-----
	//Find device
	err = cyg_io_lookup("/dev/ser0",&serial_handle );
	if (ENOERR != err) {
		serial_handle = 0; //ERROR
	}

	//Set up device
	//ser_info.baud = CYGNUM_SERIAL_BAUD_9600;
	ser_info.baud = CYGNUM_SERIAL_BAUD_38400;
	ser_info.stop = CYGNUM_SERIAL_STOP_1;
	ser_info.parity = CYGNUM_SERIAL_PARITY_EVEN;
	ser_info.word_length = CYGNUM_SERIAL_WORD_LENGTH_8;
	ser_info.flags = CYG_SERIAL_FLAGS_DEFAULT;

	config_len = sizeof(ser_info);

	err = cyg_io_set_config(serial_handle,
		CYG_IO_SET_CONFIG_SERIAL_INFO,
		&ser_info,
		&config_len);
	if (ENOERR != err) {
		serial_handle = 0; //ERROR
	}
	//TBD Until new OS arrives in a couple of days DBO 010629
	HAL_WRITE_UINT32(0xfffd0000, 0x50);

	config_len = sizeof(cyg_uint32);
	//No blocking when read
	blocking_val = 0;
	err = cyg_io_set_config(serial_handle,
		CYG_IO_SET_CONFIG_SERIAL_READ_BLOCKING,
		&blocking_val,
		&config_len);
	if (ENOERR != err) {
		serial_handle = 0; //ERROR
	}

	// Blocking when write
	blocking_val = 1;
	err = cyg_io_set_config(serial_handle,
		CYG_IO_SET_CONFIG_SERIAL_WRITE_BLOCKING,
		&blocking_val,
		&config_len);
	if (ENOERR != err) {
		serial_handle = 0; //ERROR
	}

----clip end----

* [ECOS] MLT structure files
@ 2001-07-11  0:17 ` SEBASTIEN ANDRE
From: SEBASTIEN ANDRE @ 2001-07-11  0:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs; +Cc: ecos-discuss

I need to adjust the memoty layout of the reference board PID for our custom
board !!
Si i try to edit mlt files and h files in pkgconf !! but
i don't have exactly structure of it and i don't know sense of all values !!

I'm under linux host developpement and if someone can give me the scheme of
theses
files i appreciate it !! or a tool under linux that can generate easily these
files.

I find on redhat home site structure of CDL files but not for MLT :-(

Thx a lot
best regards.

Sebastien.

* Re: [ECOS] Serial problem on EB40
@ 2001-07-11  0:21 ` Jesper Skov
From: Jesper Skov @ 2001-07-11  0:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel.Andersson; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Daniel> Hi, I have a quite strange problem with my serial port (using
Daniel> a EB40 board). I can get a handle to the port using the lookup
Daniel> function but when i am trying to make any calls to it (like
Daniel> cyg_io_set_config) then i get a -EDEVNOSUPP in return (see
Daniel> clip below). It looks like the serial port isn't setup right
Daniel> in the DEVTAB since the functioncall "t->handlers->set_config"
Daniel> in iosys.c doesn't work. Any clues of what the problem maigt
Daniel> be?

You should have a look at the serial driver code.

Jesper

* Re: [ECOS] MLT structure files
@ 2001-07-11 10:57   ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2001-07-11 10:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: SEBASTIEN ANDRE; +Cc: ecos-discuss

SEBASTIEN ANDRE wrote:

> I need to adjust the memoty layout of the reference board PID for our custom
> board !!
> Si i try to edit mlt files and h files in pkgconf !! but
> i don't have exactly structure of it and i don't know sense of all values !!
>
> I'm under linux host developpement and if someone can give me the scheme of
> theses
> files i appreciate it !! or a tool under linux that can generate easily these
> files.
>
> I find on redhat home site structure of CDL files but not for MLT :-(

Unfortunately there isn't yet a way to graphically edit the MLT on Linux.
If you would be interested in such features in the new Linux configuratino
tool, they could be expedited by contracting Red Hat to complete it for
you. You could also get full support, and training too. Contact
ecos-info@redhat.com if you're interested.

If you want to hand edit them, you only need to edit the .ldi and .h files,
not the .mlt files which are only used by the graphical tool.

Jifl
Come to the Red Hat TechWorld open source conference in Brussels!
Keynotes, techie talks and exhibitions    http://www.redhat-techworld.com/