* [ECOS] e7t standalone applications
@ 2001-07-11  7:25 Vipin Mehta
From: Vipin Mehta @ 2001-07-11  7:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

hi guys,
     I want to build a standalone application for e7t. cud anyone of you
please suggest as to what all changes are to be made in the ecos.ecc config
file generated from
ecosconfig new e7t
i just changed the startup options to ROM. I hope that is all that is
required. If there is any other thing cud anyone please bring to my notice.
also the test build failed in between though the kernel build went thru. any
hints ???

regards,
vipin

* Re: [ECOS] e7t standalone applications
@ 2001-07-11 11:26 ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2001-07-11 11:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vipin Mehta; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Vipin Mehta wrote:

> hi guys,
>      I want to build a standalone application for e7t. cud anyone of you
> please suggest as to what all changes are to be made in the ecos.ecc config
> file generated from
> ecosconfig new e7t
> i just changed the startup options to ROM. I hope that is all that is
> required.

Yes, although there are extra steps required if you want it to load into
the flash in the same way as RedBoot does. This is because Angel requires
an extra header and checksum for the image. Look at the make rules
associated with CYGBLD_BUILD_REDBOOT_BIN in
hal/arm/e7t/current/cdl/hal_arm_e7t.cdl

> If there is any other thing cud anyone please bring to my notice.
> also the test build failed in between though the kernel build went thru. any
> hints ???

Not without any idea of what went wrong!

Jifl
Come to the Red Hat TechWorld open source conference in Brussels!
Keynotes, techie talks and exhibitions    http://www.redhat-techworld.com/