* [ECOS] unable to execute eCos prog. on ARM7 SOC based board?! -- need help
@ 2001-07-23  8:45 shobhan Kumar Ayyadevara
From: shobhan Kumar Ayyadevara @ 2001-07-23  8:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: eCos discussion, shobana

Hello,

I have a boot loader which will initializes the serial driver and gives
a jump to a location to execute my program on a SOC based ARM7 board. My
program is not working on the board. I have tried both 0x0 and 0x1000
locations with "resetVector" as entry point.

Can any one please help how to execute the program on the board?
Is  my approach correct? or any thing to be added???

I am using GNU tool kit cross compiled for ARM processor (arm-elf-gcc,
arm-elf-ld etc.)

Please help.

regards
Shobhan

* Re: [ECOS] unable to execute eCos prog. on ARM7 SOC based board?! -- need help
@ 2001-07-24  1:54 ` Jesper Skov
From: Jesper Skov @ 2001-07-24  1:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: shobhan Kumar Ayyadevara; +Cc: eCos discussion

shobhan> Hello, I have a boot loader which will initializes the serial
shobhan> driver and gives a jump to a location to execute my program
shobhan> on a SOC based ARM7 board. My program is not working on the
shobhan> board. I have tried both 0x0 and 0x1000 locations with
shobhan> "resetVector" as entry point.

In order to get programs to execute, you need to write a new platform
HAL for the SOC.

Jesper