* Re: [ECOS] Question about "Hello,eCos world!"
@ 2001-07-31 23:49 cguwinds
From: cguwinds @ 2001-07-31 23:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

> If your target is i386 PC, then you need to put RedBoot on a floppy, and
> download your program from a separate PC via serial or ethernet.
>
> Alternative, if you are wanting the Linux synthetic target (which allows
> you to run native linux programs), then did you choose the linux target,
> rather than the pc target? i.e. "ecosconfig new linux" rather than
> "ecosconfig new pc" ?
>
> Jifl
Thank's.
It's really the answer of my problem.
Now, my first "Hello,eCos World!" under linux was born.
But  I still have some question.
What's the different between "pc" and "linux"  target?

----== Mailed via Openfind ==-----
http://mail2000.com.tw/ ´£¨Ñ§K¶O¹q¤l¶l¥ó«H½c

* Re: [ECOS] Question about "Hello,eCos world!"
@ 2001-08-01  8:58 ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2001-08-01  8:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cguwinds; +Cc: ecos-discuss

cguwinds wrote:
> What's the different between "pc" and "linux"  target?

The linux target creates a linux executable for running under the Linux
operating system. The pc target creates executables suitable for booting
from a floppy or straight from flash on a PC.

Jifl

* [ECOS] Have anyone made a full evaluation test for eCos?
@ 2001-08-28  3:25   ` survey liu
From: survey liu @ 2001-08-28  3:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jonathan Larmour; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Hi,all

My question as title. If not, would any one do it? I think Redhat should do this job for RTOS employees.

BTW: Is eCos a soft real time OS?

Best regards,
Survey Liu

* RE: [ECOS] Question about "Hello,eCos world!"
@ 2001-07-31  9:08 ` Trenton D. Adams
From: Trenton D. Adams @ 2001-07-31  9:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'ecos-discuss'

  > After runing the following command ,"run",under the gdb command
line,
  > I can't see "Hello,eCos world!".
  > Why Segmentation fault?
  > How to solve it?
  > Does it matter to Makefile of hello.c??
  > (Getting Started with eCos ,P70)
  > (My target is i386 pc , platform is Linux)

Try using "continue" instead.

* Re: [ECOS] Question about "Hello,eCos world!"
@ 2001-07-31  8:50 ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2001-07-31  8:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cguwinds; +Cc: ecos-discuss

@ 2001-07-31  8:29 cguwinds