* [ECOS] romfs base address
@ 2001-08-07  6:24 Warren Jasper
From: Warren Jasper @ 2001-08-07  6:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

I see that

cdl_option CYGNUM_FS_ROM_BASE_ADDRESS {
    # Flavor: data
    user_value 0x8200000
    # value_source user
    # Default value: 0x50040000
};

Is no longer defined in the ecos.ecc cdl file.  Could someone please tell
me EXACTLY how to speify the base adress for the rom fs.  Is this
done only in the MTAB entry in the application code?  For example is
this correct?

//==========================================================================

#define CYGNUM_FS_ROM_BASE_ADDRESS 0x8200000
MTAB_ENTRY( romfs_mte1,
                   "/",
                   "romfs",
                   "",
                   (CYG_ADDRWORD) CYGNUM_FS_ROM_BASE_ADDRESS );

//==========================================================================

Thanks,

	-- Warren

Warren J. Jasper
wjasper@tx.ncsu.edu

* Re: [ECOS] romfs base address
@ 2001-08-07  6:41 ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2001-08-07  6:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: wjasper; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Warren Jasper wrote:

> I see that
>
> cdl_option CYGNUM_FS_ROM_BASE_ADDRESS {
>     # Flavor: data
>     user_value 0x8200000
>     # value_source user
>     # Default value: 0x50040000
> };
>
> Is no longer defined in the ecos.ecc cdl file.

It was only ever used by the test.

>  Could someone please tell
> me EXACTLY how to speify the base adress for the rom fs.  Is this
> done only in the MTAB entry in the application code?  For example is
> this correct?

> #define CYGNUM_FS_ROM_BASE_ADDRESS 0x8200000
> MTAB_ENTRY( romfs_mte1,
>                    "/",
>                    "romfs",
>                    "",
>                    (CYG_ADDRWORD) CYGNUM_FS_ROM_BASE_ADDRESS );

Yes, assuming you've actually _put_ a ROMFS at that address :-).

Jifl