* [ECOS] eCos/RedBoot question
@ 2001-08-09  3:10 Stijn Symons
From: Stijn Symons @ 2001-08-09  3:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi all,

we are two students working on a project on eCos. We have been reading
the manual on both eCos and RedBoot, but we're a bit confused.

1. Is RedBoot just a bunch of tools for eCos?

2. When we install RedBoot on an iPAQ (binaries taken from the redhat
site), does it automatically install eCos with it?

Thanks,

Tom and Stijn

* Re: [ECOS] eCos/RedBoot question
@ 2001-08-09  6:42 ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2001-08-09  6:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stijn Symons; +Cc: ecos-discuss

http://sources.redhat.com/redboot/

> 2. When we install RedBoot on an iPAQ (binaries taken from the redhat
> site), does it automatically install eCos with it?

No. RedBoot is an application based on eCos code. It is not eCos. But it
does make it easy to run eCos applications (which are your applications,
linked with the eCos runtime).

Jifl