* [ECOS] string functions assertions
@ 2001-08-09  3:07 Robin Farine
From: Robin Farine @ 2001-08-09  3:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi,

The string functions defined in "packages/language/c/libc/string/<ver>/src" that
take a length argument such as memmove(...) fail when called with a length of 0
if compiled with CYGPKG_INFRA_DEBUG enabled. I suppose that it's legal to do
that so I added some length tests to those functions (these tests should get
optimized out when compiling with assertions disabled). The attached patch
contains the changes.

Robin

* Re: [ECOS] string functions assertions
@ 2001-08-10 10:24 ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2001-08-10 10:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Robin Farine; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Robin Farine wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The string functions defined in "packages/language/c/libc/string/<ver>/src" that
> take a length argument such as memmove(...) fail when called with a length of 0
> if compiled with CYGPKG_INFRA_DEBUG enabled. I suppose that it's legal to do
> that so I added some length tests to those functions (these tests should get
> optimized out when compiling with assertions disabled). The attached patch
> contains the changes.

Yep, fine. And your stdio read patch too. I've checked these in. I'll write
ChangeLog entries for these this time, but you can still write the cvt()
changelog :-).

Jifl