From: Fano Ramparany <Fano.Ramparany@rd.francetelecom.fr>
To: Daniel Andersson <Daniel.Andersson@combitechsystems.com>,
	Jonathan Larmour <jlarmour@redhat.com>
Cc: eCos Disuss <ecos-discuss@sources.redhat.com>
Subject: Re: [ECOS] App works in RAM but not in flash memory
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 02:56:00 -0000	[thread overview]

I'm currently addressing the same problem (i.e. my application works
fine when built
for "RAM" startup type and don't works when built for "ROM" startup
type).

My application uses the TCP/IP stack, and used to work (even under ROM
startup, but
with apparently some time out problems (see. a previous thread in the
mailing list
under subject "TCP/IP and rom startup mode")), until a major
reconfiguration of our intranet.
(incl. a change in our IP address). Now even the ping_test doesn't work
in ROM  startup mode, although
it works ok in RAM startup mode (using gdb).

Daniel, as far as your cyg_mbox application is concerned, you could
perhaps test the
small application a send you off-line, and check whether is works in
both startup mode. I've just
checked that it works on my target (a Cirrus Logic EDB7212 board)

More generally, Jonathan, what is the best way to find out why a ROM
startup application
doesn't work when its RAM startup version runs ok?

Fano