* [ECOS] Pthread error
@ 2001-08-30  1:38 Stijn Symons
From: Stijn Symons @ 2001-08-30  1:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

we have a very strange error,

"undefined reference to 'pthread_cleanup_push_inner'"
and
"undefined reference to 'pthread_cleanup_push_inner'"

In our program we have only a call for pthread_cleanup_push, not for
pthread_cleanup_push_inner. The same for the pop-function. It looks like
it's something inside the ecos libraries.

Can anybody help?

 -- Stijn Symons

* Re: [ECOS] Pthread error
@ 2001-08-30  2:24 ` Stijn Symons
From: Stijn Symons @ 2001-08-30  2:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

Stijn Symons wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> we have a very strange error,
>
> "undefined reference to 'pthread_cleanup_push_inner'"
> and
> "undefined reference to 'pthread_cleanup_push_inner'"
>
> In our program we have only a call for pthread_cleanup_push, not for
> pthread_cleanup_push_inner. The same for the pop-function. It looks like
> it's something inside the ecos libraries.
>
> Can anybody help?
>
>  -- Stijn Symons

Something I forgot:

I compiled the ecos libraries with the EL/IX template. pthread.h is
included in the program, we already checked that .

thanks,

stijn

* Re: [ECOS] Pthread error
@ 2001-09-06 23:36   ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2001-09-06 23:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stijn Symons; +Cc: \x03ecos-discuss

Stijn Symons wrote:

> > "undefined reference to 'pthread_cleanup_push_inner'"
> > and
> > "undefined reference to 'pthread_cleanup_push_inner'"
> >
> > In our program we have only a call for pthread_cleanup_push, not for
> > pthread_cleanup_push_inner. The same for the pop-function. It looks like
> > it's something inside the ecos libraries.

pthread_cleanup_push/pop are defined in pthread.h as macros that call the
_inner versions.

I can't see why it would be disabled though unless all of the POSIX pthread
component is disabled. Check your eCos configuration.

Jifl