* [ECOS] Serial Driver
@ 2001-09-01  8:35 Chris C.
From: Chris C. @ 2001-09-01  8:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi
My target board is AT91EB40 but the source code is not same as the Redhat
eCos because I have done some port before eCos support it.

I have wrote a testing program which have 2 threads, transmit and receive,
are used to test the full duplex of the target board. In pc side, I have a
serial testing program used to do the testing. I did the 3 testing,
1. only transmit  to pc (in loop)
2. only receive from pc
3. transmit to (in loop) and receive from pc (hold on the enter key to send
a block of data)

In case 1 and 2, the serial driver can work fine but it can't work in case
3. The problem occured in case 3 was that it can work correctly within a
short time and then it can't do the transmit and receive. I use the Ctrl+C
to break the program, I always see it break in the idle_thread_main.

What is the possible problem that cause the program run into this function?
What is the best way to do the debugging?

Thanks!

Chris

Sure, you can have free email. But free Email, Voicemail and Faxmail?
Check it out at http://www.2bzd.com

* [ECOS] XScale IQ80310
@ 2001-09-01 13:30 ` Richard Wicks
From: Richard Wicks @ 2001-09-01 13:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Is anybody using the XScale IQ80310?  We are developing a product around the
XScale and would like to know how well ecos runs on the IQ80310 development
board before we begin.  Any information would be most appreciated.

Thank you,
-Richard Wicks
Navosha Inc.

* Re: [ECOS] Serial Driver
@ 2001-09-04  5:23 ` Jesper Skov
From: Jesper Skov @ 2001-09-04  5:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chris C.; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Chris> I have wrote a testing program which have 2 threads, transmit
Chris> and receive, are used to test the full duplex of the target
Chris> board. In pc side, I have a serial testing program used to do
Chris> the testing. I did the 3 testing, 1. only transmit to pc (in
Chris> loop) 2. only receive from pc 3. transmit to (in loop) and
Chris> receive from pc (hold on the enter key to send a block of data)

Chris> In case 1 and 2, the serial driver can work fine but it can't
Chris> work in case 3. The problem occured in case 3 was that it can
Chris> work correctly within a short time and then it can't do the
Chris> transmit and receive. I use the Ctrl+C to break the program, I
Chris> always see it break in the idle_thread_main.

Chris> What is the possible problem that cause the program run into
Chris> this function?

Hard to say without seeing the code. But I probably wouldn't have time
to read it anyway.

Chris>  What is the best way to do the debugging?

How about running the serial tests that come with eCos? There's a
testing infrastructure that does what you try to do, and more. See the
io/serial/current/tests/README file - which is a bit out of date, but
should guide you in the right direction.

Jesper

* Re: [ECOS] XScale IQ80310
@ 2001-09-07 14:35   ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2001-09-07 14:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richard Wicks; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Richard Wicks wrote:

> Is anybody using the XScale IQ80310?  We are developing a product around the
> XScale and would like to know how well ecos runs on the IQ80310 development
> board before we begin.  Any information would be most appreciated.

If you search the ecos-discuss list archives, it seems quite a few people
are using the xscale port. Give or take occasional bugs in anonymous CVS,
it should be pretty stable now.

Jifl