* [ECOS] redboot on edb7211
@ 2001-09-12  4:47 Edelmann Thomas
From: Edelmann Thomas @ 2001-09-12  4:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'ecos-discuss@sources.redhat.com'

has anyone compiled a recent cvs-redboot (CVS from 20010911)?

Is it running? I added to the normal redboot the packages CYGPKG_IO_FLASH
and CYGPKG_IO_ETH_DRIVERS and choosed in the configtool the ROM version.

My problem: I receive normal redboot startup output on the serial line but I
can make no inputs. Also I can't connect via ethernet and arm-elf-gdb to my
target board. I have an old version (CVS from May), made with the same
configuration, which runs properly.

Thanks for your help!

ciao,
Thomas

> ---
> Windows:  A 32 bit shell for a 16 bit operating system, originally written
> for
>  an 8 bit processor on a 4 bit bus by a 2 bit company that can't stand 1
> bit of
>  competition!
> Thomas Edelmann             Siemens AG, A&D ATS 13
> * Voice:  +49 911/895-2703	Postfach 4848
> * Fax:      +49 911/895-3715	D-90327 Nürnberg
> * E-Mail: mailto:Thomas.Edelmann@nbgm.siemens.de
>       Visit our Internet-Server at http://www.ad.siemens.de

* Re: [ECOS] redboot on edb7211
@ 2001-09-12 10:10 ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2001-09-12 10:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Edelmann Thomas; +Cc: 'ecos-discuss@sources.redhat.com'

Edelmann Thomas wrote:

> has anyone compiled a recent cvs-redboot (CVS from 20010911)?
>
> Is it running? I added to the normal redboot the packages CYGPKG_IO_FLASH
> and CYGPKG_IO_ETH_DRIVERS and choosed in the configtool the ROM version.
>
> My problem: I receive normal redboot startup output on the serial line but I
> can make no inputs. Also I can't connect via ethernet and arm-elf-gdb to my
> target board. I have an old version (CVS from May), made with the same
> configuration, which runs properly.

We seem to getting a few reports of this type of thing. Odd. Have you tried
importing the .ecm file from hal/arm/edb7xxx/current/misc instead? Unlikely
to help by the looks of it, but a thought.

Jifl

* RE: [ECOS] redboot on edb7211
@ 2001-09-19 15:13     ` Trenton D. Adams
From: Trenton D. Adams @ 2001-09-19 15:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Jonathan Larmour'; +Cc: 'Edelmann Thomas', ecos-discuss

I have no idea how to use the command line tool.  I figured since I'm
using windows for this project! (Company's decision)  That I might as
well use the GUI tool.

I don't know if, how or where everything was created.  I looked for all
.ecc files, but only found the two I created using the GUI config tool.

It didn't output any errors though so that's weird!  Any ideas why it
wouldn't output any files to the current directory?

$ ecosconfig new edb7211 redboot
Package CYGPKG_SNMPAGENT: there are no version subdirectories

Trent@TRENT ~/eCosBuilds/test
$ ecosconfig import XYZ/edb7211_redboot_ROM.ecm
Package CYGPKG_SNMPAGENT: there are no version subdirectories

From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2001-09-19 14:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Trenton D. Adams; +Cc: 'Edelmann Thomas', ecos-discuss

"Trenton D. Adams" wrote:

> Mines working fine!
>
> I added the following packages, and then imported the .ecm file as you
> did.  I'm using the Windows GUI config tool 2.04.
>
> CYGPKG_ERROR
> CYGPKG_IO_FLASH
> CYGPKG_IO_PCMCIA - this is mine so you won't have it (YET hopefully) -
> not working though.
> CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL
> CYGPKG_IO
> CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL
>
> I did not have to enabled the hardware serial drivers because they are
> enabled by default.  However, I noticed an irregularity.
> CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL_DEVICES was not checked off.  Shouldn't it be checked
> off Jonathan?  It wasn't required for it to work anyhow.

You should not need to include serial drivers with RedBoot. What happens
when you just do as he did:

ecosconfig new edb7211 redboot
ecosconfig import XYZ/edb7211_redboot_ROM.ecm
make
?

Jifl

* RE: [ECOS] redboot on edb7211
@ 2001-09-19 14:56 ` Trenton D. Adams
From: Trenton D. Adams @ 2001-09-19 14:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Edelmann Thomas', 'Jonathan Larmour'; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Mines working fine!

I added the following packages, and then imported the .ecm file as you
did.  I'm using the Windows GUI config tool 2.04.

CYGPKG_ERROR
CYGPKG_IO_FLASH
CYGPKG_IO_PCMCIA - this is mine so you won't have it (YET hopefully) -
not working though.
CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL
CYGPKG_IO
CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL

I did not have to enabled the hardware serial drivers because they are
enabled by default.  However, I noticed an irregularity.
CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL_DEVICES was not checked off.  Shouldn't it be checked
off Jonathan?  It wasn't required for it to work anyhow.

The output below proves I'm, at the very least, not completely
delusional! ;)

RedBoot(tm) bootstrap and debug environment [ROM]
Non-certified release, version UNKNOWN - built 15:20:08, Sep 19 2001

Anyhow, try adding all those packages before importing the ECM file.

I tried the daily (20010919) cvs snapshot with the same problems.

I created redboot with:

ecosconfig new edb7211 redboot
ecosconfig import XYZ/edb7211_redboot_ROM.ecm

Any help?

Thanks,
Thomas Edelmann