* [ECOS] does eCos/GNU debugger supports EmbeddedICE?
@ 2001-09-19 16:27 Shaojie Wu
From: Shaojie Wu @ 2001-09-19 16:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi,

I plan to use eCos and GNU gdb as the development kit to
development our cutsom-built board which has a AT91FR4081
chip. I am not quite sure about couple of things:

1. I want to use the embeddedICE (on chip debug extension)
to communicate with the custom board via JTAG interface,
I know the ADW( Arm debugger for windows) provides
some ways to configure the embeddedICE  to communicate with
target core, I was wondering whether the GNU gdb also has
same kind of function to communicate with core by using
JTAG and embeddedICE. If it has, what are the detailed
steps/commands? where I can find such documents?

2. ADW has some programs for flash downloading, Does
eCos and GNU gdb has similar programs?if it it does,
how can I use it?

Thanks so much.

Shaojie

* Re: [ECOS] does eCos/GNU debugger supports EmbeddedICE?
@ 2001-09-19 17:31 ` Matthew H. Gerlach
From: Matthew H. Gerlach @ 2001-09-19 17:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

We use gdb with an EmbeddedIce from with our arm target.  gdb is used to
download our program, containing ecos, into ram, and the program is run
and debugged out of ram.  The EmbeddedIce is connected via ethernet and
gdb connects to with the command "target rdi e=IPaddress of ICE".  I
built gdb with --target=arm-elf and it had everything we needed.

Good Luck,
Matthew