* [ECOS] Single precision math library
@ 2001-09-20 18:56 luoqi
From: luoqi @ 2001-09-20 18:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi All,

I have been using eCos for several months now and I'd like to contribute
something back. I have been working with a custom made MPC850 based board,
and it happened I needed to do some quite extensive numerical computations,
so I ported FreeBSD's single precision math library to eCos (double was
too slow for my purpose). If any of you are interested, you may download it
from http://www.freebsd.org/~luoqi/ecos . It is my hope that it could be
incorporated into eCos source tree some day. I also have some necessary
changes for eCos to work on a MPC850 (e.g. SCC2 ethernet), which I will
post later after I have sorted them out.

-luoqi

* Re: [ECOS] Single precision math library
@ 2001-09-21 12:52 ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2001-09-21 12:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: luoqi; +Cc: ecos-discuss

luoqi@FreeBSD.org wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have been using eCos for several months now and I'd like to contribute
> something back. I have been working with a custom made MPC850 based board,
> and it happened I needed to do some quite extensive numerical computations,
> so I ported FreeBSD's single precision math library to eCos (double was
> too slow for my purpose). If any of you are interested, you may download it
> from http://www.freebsd.org/~luoqi/ecos .

Thanks! I'll make a link on our contributions web page.

> It is my hope that it could be
> incorporated into eCos source tree some day.

I'm holding out for being able to reimport the libm code from newlib (based
on the same fdlibm source base as is evidently in freeBSD). The advantage
of that would be that it also has long double support, and a number of
hardware optimizations.

Jifl