* [ECOS] ecos port on ARM Evaluator 7T board
@ 2001-09-24  9:15 Chris Garry
From: Chris Garry @ 2001-09-24  9:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi

I'm looking at using ecos with the Evaluator 7T board, but am a bit
worried that the 512K of flash supplied is a little on the small side.
I can't find any example memory requirements anywhere in the ecos
docucumentation.  What I'm looking for is some realistic memory
requirements for real systems (with USB support + Ethernet).

Also, the status of the Evaluator 7T port is listed as Beta with no
serial drivers.  Is there any reason why the port is no further along
and does anyone have any idea when the port will be completed.

Thanks,
Chris

* Re: [ECOS] ecos port on ARM Evaluator 7T board
@ 2001-09-25 12:05 ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2001-09-25 12:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chris Garry; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Chris Garry wrote:

> Hi
>
> I'm looking at using ecos with the Evaluator 7T board, but am a bit
> worried that the 512K of flash supplied is a little on the small side.

Seems lots to me :-).

> I can't find any example memory requirements anywhere in the ecos
> docucumentation.  What I'm looking for is some realistic memory
> requirements for real systems (with USB support + Ethernet).

The only publically supported USB drivers for eCos are for the StrongARM
SA-1110, so that's where to refine your search.

> Also, the status of the Evaluator 7T port is listed as Beta with no
> serial drivers.  Is there any reason why the port is no further along
> and does anyone have any idea when the port will be completed.

It can be completed when someone wants to complete it. There are serial
drivers around which I should hopefully be able to make available soon,
subject to permission.

Jifl