* [ECOS] how to manage more IP-addresses
@ 2001-11-13 18:47 Christoph Csebits
From: Christoph Csebits @ 2001-11-13 18:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

hi

i am having two boards, and each RedBoot is
configured having a static IP-Address (fconfig).

I want give my network applications each a
static IP-address (DHCP is not an alternative).

Is there a better solution than creating two
build trees, after changing the IP-address in
the right CDL file.

Later i will have up to 128 nodes and it
is not very smart having up to 128 build trees.

Is there any other possibility?
(maybe an extra field in the fconfig "record")

Is it right, that RedBoot and the network application
must not share the same IP address?

thank you, regards, christoph

* Re: [ECOS] how to manage more IP-addresses
@ 2001-11-13 19:03 ` Martin Buck
From: Martin Buck @ 2001-11-13 19:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Christoph Csebits wrote:
> Is there a better solution than creating two
> build trees, after changing the IP-address in
> the right CDL file.

Yes, it's done the standard BSD way: ioctl(..., SIOCSIFADDR, ...) and
friends. Have a look at the OpenBSD netintro(4) manpage for more details
(unfortunately, the documentation that comes with eCos is not really
helpful in this case):

http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/man.cgi?query=netintro&apropos=0&sektion=0&manpath=OpenBSD+Current&arch=i386&format=html

Martin