From: Jonathan Larmour <jlarmour@redhat.com>
To: joan_x <joan_x@sina.com>
Cc: ecos-discuss@sources.redhat.com
Subject: Re: [ECOS]  can not get connected by gdb
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 11:13:00 -0000	[thread overview]

joan_x wrote:

> Hi all:
>     I use floppy to boot ecos up from x86 target,
> when boot, it displays this:
> ++$T0508:3c390000;04:e00f0000:#1c
> Does this mean the target has boot up?
> But after that I find the target halted, keyboard
> got no response when I hit it.

I take it this is a GDB stub image rather than a RedBoot image (as in, the
file you got it from wasn't called e.g redboot.bin).

> And at the host, I use gdb to connect it:
> set remotebaud 38400
> target remote /dev/ttyS1
>
> But not succeed,it shows:
> Ignoring package error(3 times)
> I don't know why. The serial cable is ok, I have
> used minicom to transfer, everything is ok.
>

> I have read the previous article on this mailing
> list, but didn't get answer.

I recommend using RedBoot, on the floppy instead (
http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/boards/redbootbins/x86pc/ ), and using the
anonymous CVS sources: http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/anoncvs.html

Note that the two go hand in hand together - don't use one without the
other.

Jifl