* [ECOS] Atmel AT91 watchdog driver
@ 2002-05-05 14:31 thomas
From: thomas @ 2002-05-05 14:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi all,

I have created a watchdog driver for the Atmel AT91 CPU. The driver
passes all existing watchdog tests. It comes as an .epk file,
however, before it can be built, a patch needs to be applied that I include
as a separate file. The patch adds watchdog-related definitions to
'hal/arm/at91/current/include/plf_io.h', which are currently missing from
that file.

Because I intend to submit the driver to be included in the main ecos
code base, I copied the standard source file header from some other file
and used a 'CYG' prefix for all configuration options in the CDL script.
Is this acceptable?

Thomas

--
Thomas Koeller
thomas@koeller.dyndns.org

[-- Attachment #2: plf_io.diff.gz --]
[-- Type: application/x-gzip, Size: 453 bytes --]

[-- Attachment #3: watchdog_at91.epk --]
[-- Type: application/x-gzip, Size: 3147 bytes --]

* Re: [ECOS] Atmel AT91 watchdog driver
@ 2002-05-20 14:39 ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2002-05-20 14:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: thomas.koeller; +Cc: ecos-discuss

thomas@koeller.dyndns.org wrote:

> I have created a watchdog driver for the Atmel AT91 CPU. The driver
> passes all existing watchdog tests. It comes as an .epk file,
> however, before it can be built, a patch needs to be applied that I include
> as a separate file. The patch adds watchdog-related definitions to
> 'hal/arm/at91/current/include/plf_io.h', which are currently missing from
> that file.
>
> Because I intend to submit the driver to be included in the main ecos
> code base, I copied the standard source file header from some other file
> and used a 'CYG' prefix for all configuration options in the CDL script.
> Is this acceptable?

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. busy, busy busy :-|.

That's absolutely fine. However, to get this into our sources we really
need to get a copyright assignment, as per
http://sources.redhat.com/fom/ecos?file=47

The assignment form itself is at http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/assign.html
Can you fill it in, get your employer to fill in the copyright disclaimer
and mail it to us? As soon as we can get it we can gladly get your code
into the main sources. Thanks for contributing back!

Jifl

* Re: [ECOS] Atmel AT91 watchdog driver
@ 2002-05-23  2:55   ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2002-05-23  2:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: thomas.koeller; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Thomas Koeller wrote:

> > That's absolutely fine. However, to get this into our sources we really
> > need to get a copyright assignment, as per
> > http://sources.redhat.com/fom/ecos?file=47
> >
> > The assignment form itself is at http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/assign.html
> > Can you fill it in, get your employer to fill in the copyright disclaimer
> > and mail it to us? As soon as we can get it we can gladly get your code
> > into the main sources. Thanks for contributing back!
> >
> > Jifl
>
> Now that ecos is going GPL, is this procedure still required? Wouldn't it be
> sufficient to state in the source code that it is under the modified GPL used
> with ecos 2.0?

Sorry, no. The reasons given in the first link above still apply. If it's
any consolation, once you've signed it once, you never have to sign another
one for any further contributions.

Jifl