* [ECOS] Re: I need some clarifications regarding ecos
       [not found] <004e01c2225a$035ea310$9301a8c0@iwave013>
@ 2002-07-03  3:44 ` brenner joel
From: brenner joel @ 2002-07-03  3:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Khasim; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Khasim wrote:

> Hi brenner.
>

> I am Khasim. I am in the process of porting ecos to powerpc using the
> configtool 1.3.1.3 for windows.
>
> I am having few doubts.
>

> 1. I want to port (burn) kernel and application in FLASH.But when I
> build the kernel I am getting only library files I need an elf Image.
> what should I do to get an elf Image.I dont want to use GDB.
>

> 2. The System startup says cyg_start is in infra/current/src/startup.cxx
>
> but this function is there in other files also like stubrom.c
>
> How should I configure such that while building it links the file
> infra/current/src/startup.cxx and not stubrom.c
>

> Please reply
>

> Thanks in anticipation.
>

> Khasim.

Hi Khasim,
    maybe I'm not the rigth person to answer your questions, I'm new to
eCos.

1) when compiled, eCos is archived in some libraries witch you have to
link into your application. To do this you disable the standard library
search path and you add the path to eCos libs (-nostartfiles
-L$(PKG_INSTALL_DIR)/lib -Ttarget.ld -nostdlib ).

2) I'think you need only to disable _all_ debug features.

I'hope this will help!

regards jobre

only message in thread, other threads:[~2002-07-03 10:44 UTC | newest]