* [ECOS] maybe errors?
@ 2003-01-02  3:34 张 亮
From: 张 亮 @ 2003-01-02  3:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain; charset=gb2312; format=flowed, Size: 851 bytes --]

Dear Gthomas,
     thank you for your feedback!
     I maybe find some errors in mbuf code:
       1:writing a completly correct function :m_copym() is difficult
once,I feel.
         this function is very good sample for my learning.
         I fell in file uipc_mbuf.c  line 470:
          	if (top == NULL)
		MCFail++;
          is no need.it will not be executed.
       2:in function m_copydata(),line573:
         code does not process the case  len==M_COPYALL.

if I make mistakes,please tell me! Thank you!

BRS/johnsonest

* Re: [ECOS] maybe errors?
@ 2003-01-09  7:24 ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2003-01-09  7:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 张 亮; +Cc: ecos-discuss

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain; charset=GB2312, Size: 1254 bytes --]

ÕÅ ÁÁ wrote:

> Dear Gthomas,
>     thank you for your feedback!
>     I maybe find some errors in mbuf code:
>       1:writing a completly correct function :m_copym() is difficult
> once,I feel.
>         this function is very good sample for my learning.
>         I fell in file uipc_mbuf.c  line 470:
>              if (top == NULL)
>         MCFail++;
>          is no need.it will not be executed.
>       2:in function m_copydata(),line573:
>         code does not process the case  len==M_COPYALL.

You should consider using the freebsd stack port (with the template
new_net instead of net). That's where the future development will be that
we care about.

In both these cases, I suspect it's all ok in practice simply because I
have a lot of faith in the BSD code base, and the mbuf code has been
looked at a lot.

Or are you saying you've actually hit a problem here?

Jifl

* Re: [ECOS] maybe errors?
@ 2003-01-09 15:31 ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2003-01-09 15:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 张 亮; +Cc: ecos-discuss

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain; charset=GB2312, Size: 786 bytes --]

ÕÅ ÁÁ wrote:

> Thank Jonathan very much!
>   in function in_control(...),when process comand "SIOCSIFDSTADDR",if
> ia==null,malloc a addr structure,but to command SIOCSIFADDR, it seem
> that ia does  always not equal to NULL,why? and code:

I think for the amount and detail of support you require, you need a
commercial contract with someone. We don't have time to go into such
details for free!

You'll see references to where you can get some in people's sigs, mine
included. (In some people's it's sufficiently large you can hardly fail to
notice ;-)).

Jifl

* Re: [ECOS] maybe errors?
@ 2003-01-09  9:30 张 亮
From: 张 亮 @ 2003-01-09  9:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jifl; +Cc: ecos-discuss

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain; charset=gb2312; format=flowed, Size: 2481 bytes --]

Thank Jonathan very much!
   in function in_control(...),when process comand "SIOCSIFDSTADDR",if
ia==null,malloc a addr structure,but to command SIOCSIFADDR, it seem that
ia does  always not equal to NULL,why? and code:

   if (ifp)
      for (iap = in_ifaddrhead.tqh_first; iap; iap = iap->ia_link.tqe_next)
	if (iap->ia_ifp == ifp) //
	{
           if (((struct sockaddr_in *)&ifr->ifr_addr)->sin_addr.s_addr ==
                 iap->ia_addr.sin_addr.s_addr)
	      {
		ia = iap;
		break;
	       }

            else if (ia == NULL) //very strange
		{
		    ia = iap;
		  if (ifr->ifr_addr.sa_family != AF_INET)
		break;
are you sure that after this segment code,ia must be not NULL?
if ia=NULL,comand SIOCSIFADDR how to do?

I feel TCP/ip is very complex,but I want control it,could you give me some
advice?
Thank you!
BRS/johnsonest

>From: Jonathan Larmour <jifl@eCosCentric.com>
>To: ÕÅ ÁÁ <johnsonest@hotmail.com>
>CC: ecos-discuss@sources.redhat.com
>Subject: Re: [ECOS] maybe errors?
>Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 07:24:35 +0000
>
>ÕÅ ÁÁ wrote:
> >
> > Dear Gthomas,
> >     thank you for your feedback!
> >     I maybe find some errors in mbuf code:
> >       1:writing a completly correct function :m_copym() is difficult
> > once,I feel.
> >         this function is very good sample for my learning.
> >         I fell in file uipc_mbuf.c  line 470:
> >              if (top == NULL)
> >         MCFail++;
> >          is no need.it will not be executed.
> >       2:in function m_copydata(),line573:
> >         code does not process the case  len==M_COPYALL.
>
>You should consider using the freebsd stack port (with the template
>new_net instead of net). That's where the future development will be that
>we care about.
>
>In both these cases, I suspect it's all ok in practice simply because I
>have a lot of faith in the BSD code base, and the mbuf code has been
>looked at a lot.
>
>Or are you saying you've actually hit a problem here?
>
>Jifl
>--
>eCosCentric       http://www.eCosCentric.com/       <info@eCosCentric.com>
>--[ "You can complain because roses have thorns, or you ]--
>--[  can rejoice because thorns have roses." -Lincoln   ]-- Opinions==mine

* [ECOS] maybe errors?
@ 2003-01-02  3:26 张 亮
From: 张 亮 @ 2003-01-02  3:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss