* Re: [ECOS] global addressing in ecos
@ 2003-01-09 16:30 Mark Salter
From: Mark Salter @ 2003-01-09 16:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jifl; +Cc: gary.thomas, imdeveza, ecos-discuss

This patch cleared up a lot of TAHI failures for us:

  http://sources.redhat.com/ml/ecos-patches/2002-08/msg00078.html

AFAICT, all of our patches are in the public CVS.

From a report on the test run:

   IPv6 Stateless Address Autoconfiguration

  Originally failed tests should now pass.  Reason: new
  ipv6_routing_thread does not emit unexpected packets.

  Exempt tests: #21-#30, #54-#56
  Reason:  Not applicable: Infrastructure missing, no 'ifconfig',
  'route' or 'setkey' utilities, so even in manual mode, boot-time
  config is not possible in eCos.

--Mark

* Re: [ECOS] global addressing in ecos
@ 2003-01-09 16:52 ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2003-01-09 16:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mark Salter; +Cc: gary.thomas, imdeveza, ecos-discuss

Mark Salter wrote:

> This patch cleared up a lot of TAHI failures for us:
>
>   http://sources.redhat.com/ml/ecos-patches/2002-08/msg00078.html
>
> AFAICT, all of our patches are in the public CVS.

Thanks for checking that.

>From a report on the test run:
>
>   ============================================
>    IPv6 Stateless Address Autoconfiguration
>   ============================================
>
>   Originally failed tests should now pass.  Reason: new
>   ipv6_routing_thread does not emit unexpected packets.
>
>   Exempt tests: #21-#30, #54-#56
>   Reason:  Not applicable: Infrastructure missing, no 'ifconfig',
>   'route' or 'setkey' utilities, so even in manual mode, boot-time
>   config is not possible in eCos.

Ah, I didn't remember/know there were exemptions. At a guess the
autoconfiguration stuff must be one of those, but I'm sure Matthew will
say if not.

Jifl

* Re: [ECOS] global addressing in ecos
@ 2003-01-10 12:30 matthew de veza
From: matthew de veza @ 2003-01-10 12:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jifl, msalter, hamilton; +Cc: gary.thomas, ecos-discuss

We've applied the patch and re-run all the tests for the stateless address
autoconfiguration, and we also exempted the tests indicated below (21-30,
54-56). The tests that passed are those that wait for the DAD to fail (it
wants the target to basically not send any echo reply/packet) and all the
other tests failed. These are basically the tests that wants the target to
echo-reply. We believe that the cause is that the global address cannot be
set; it would seem that the target does not respond to DAD which are sent
using a multicast address.

This seems to lead me into thinking that the entire set of stateless
autoconfiguration is exempted. Can anyone please verify? Or on another train
of thought, I would like to ask if anyone would know why we cannot set the
global address, and why the target does not seem to respond to multicast
queries.

I would like to ask Mr. Hamilton if you could share your test results for
the ecos target tested by TAHI if this is not confidential so we could more
or less compare our test results with yours.

Thank you.
Matt

>From: Jonathan Larmour <jifl@eCosCentric.com>
>To: Mark Salter <msalter@redhat.com>
>CC: gary.thomas@mind.be,
>imdeveza@hotmail.com,ecos-discuss@sources.redhat.com
>Subject: Re: [ECOS] global addressing in ecos
>Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 16:52:07 +0000

>>This patch cleared up a lot of TAHI failures for us:
>>
>>   http://sources.redhat.com/ml/ecos-patches/2002-08/msg00078.html
>>
>>AFAICT, all of our patches are in the public CVS.
>
>Thanks for checking that.
>
>>From a report on the test run:
>>
>>   ============================================
>>    IPv6 Stateless Address Autoconfiguration
>>   ============================================
>>
>>   Originally failed tests should now pass.  Reason: new
>>   ipv6_routing_thread does not emit unexpected packets.
>>
>>   Exempt tests: #21-#30, #54-#56
>>   Reason:  Not applicable: Infrastructure missing, no 'ifconfig',
>>   'route' or 'setkey' utilities, so even in manual mode, boot-time
>>   config is not possible in eCos.
>
>Ah, I didn't remember/know there were exemptions. At a guess the
>autoconfiguration stuff must be one of those, but I'm sure Matthew will say
>if not.
>
>Jifl
>--
>eCosCentric       http://www.eCosCentric.com/       <info@eCosCentric.com>
>--[ "You can complain because roses have thorns, or you ]--
>--[  can rejoice because thorns have roses." -Lincoln   ]-- Opinions==mine

http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/dialup

* Re: [ECOS] global addressing in ecos
@ 2003-01-09 22:03 matthew de veza
From: matthew de veza @ 2003-01-09 22:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gary.thomas; +Cc: ecos-discuss

thanks for the reply, we've tried using the tcpdump to analyze the packets
being sent out, and it seems as if the target cannot "read" the global
prefix being sent to it. a lot of the tests fail with the "NUT address not
configured" error.

only a small percentage of the tests pass, and these mostly involve
link-local addressing only. a lot of the tests would fail if a multicast
and/or global address is involved.

@ 2003-01-09 13:19 matthew de veza
From: matthew de veza @ 2003-01-09 13:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jifl, gary.thomas; +Cc: ecos-discuss, hamilton

Thanks for the reply. Actually only a small percentage out of the entire set
of tests for Stateless Address Autoconfiguration passed, and these mainly
are involved with link-local addresses only. There are instances wherein the
NUT does not reply to tester node queries, and a lot of the Duplicate
Address Detection tests failed.

We used the TCP Dump to analyze the packets being sent in the network, but
the ecos target does not seem to recognize the global prefix being sent to
it, or sometimes the target does not give an echo-reply. A lot of the tests
would fail with a "NUT Address not configured" error.

Would anyone know why this is the case? Or can anyone tell us what we can do
to enable the target to "read" the global add. prefix to be able to set the
global address? Or does anyone know if this can actually be done?

Thank you.

@ 2003-01-09  6:44   ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2003-01-09  6:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gary D. Thomas; +Cc: matthew de veza, eCos Discussion