* [ECOS] how to debug redboot !!
@ 2003-08-28  5:23 mohanlal jangir
From: mohanlal jangir @ 2003-08-28  5:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: eCos Discussion

I am wondering if I need some different way to debug redboot. I don't have
multi-ice or such debugger. So far I was debugging my application with
RedBoot. Now I want to debug RedBoot itself. Is it feasible to debug redboot
with redboot itself? Say I have one redboot image with startup type as ROM
and another image with startup type as RAM. Can I debug later image with
former one? Won't it create any chaos?

Regards
Mohanlal

* Re: [ECOS] how to debug redboot !!
@ 2003-09-02  2:57 ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2003-09-02  2:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mohanlal jangir; +Cc: eCos Discussion

mohanlal jangir wrote:
> I am wondering if I need some different way to debug redboot. I don't have
> multi-ice or such debugger. So far I was debugging my application with
> RedBoot. Now I want to debug RedBoot itself. Is it feasible to debug redboot
> with redboot itself? Say I have one redboot image with startup type as ROM
> and another image with startup type as RAM. Can I debug later image with
> former one? Won't it create any chaos?

Certainly it will. Some bits of redboot (such as the CLI or flash) are
easier to debug than others (anything involving the debugging stub).
Without an ICE, flashing LEDs or diag_printf's are the order of the day.

Jifl