* [ECOS] debug_info causing problem with multi-ice
@ 2003-09-02  6:50 mohanlal jangir
From: mohanlal jangir @ 2003-09-02  6:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

[ I am sorry, earlier I sent this mail to ecos-discuss-help. I hope that is
not going to annoy someone.]

After working with Redboot and arm-elf-gdb for a long, finally I managed to
have a multi-ice unit. I have one question regarding multi-ice.

1. In target.ld file, the input section .debug_info for output section
.debug_aranges seems to be causing problems. When I try to download image on
target, the debugger stops showing some internal error. After replacing
.debug_info by some arbitrary string, I am able to load image. Can somebody
explain what is problem? The same linker script works well with gdb.

2. When I click over "view => source file" button on ADW GUI, I see a list
of files like \ecos-c\cygwin\opt\ecos\ecos-2.0\..... and so on. But when I
click over the file, I receive an error message saying file not found. I
tried to add path through "add search path", then I was able to see the
source file but could not put a break point. Trying to put a breakpoint
gives error messages "file name not found in debug data". What should I do?
[I have compiled source files with -gdwarf option.]

Regards
Mohanlal

* Re: [ECOS] debug_info causing problem with multi-ice
@ 2003-09-03  3:00 ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2003-09-03  3:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mohanlal jangir; +Cc: ecos-discuss

mohanlal jangir wrote:

> After working with Redboot and arm-elf-gdb for a long, finally I managed to
> have a multi-ice unit. I have one question regarding multi-ice.

Have you looked at http://ecos.sourceware.org/multi-ice.html ? That allows
you to use GDB.

> 1. In target.ld file, the input section .debug_info for output section
> .debug_aranges seems to be causing problems. When I try to download image on
> target, the debugger stops showing some internal error. After replacing
> .debug_info by some arbitrary string, I am able to load image. Can somebody
> explain what is problem? The same linker script works well with gdb.

By debugger, you mean ADW? The problem is that there are no guarantees
that the ARM tools can read debug info from the GNU tools.

> 2. When I click over "view => source file" button on ADW GUI, I see a list
> of files like \ecos-c\cygwin\opt\ecos\ecos-2.0\..... and so on. But when I
> click over the file, I receive an error message saying file not found.

It's a cygwin path so non-cygwin tools won't understand it.

> tried to add path through "add search path", then I was able to see the
> source file but could not put a break point. Trying to put a breakpoint
> gives error messages "file name not found in debug data". What should I do?
> [I have compiled source files with -gdwarf option.]

Could well be the .debug_info section, or many other possible
incompatibilities.

Jifl