* [ECOS] Creating UART driver
@ 2003-09-11 13:37 eibach
From: eibach @ 2003-09-11 13:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hello,

I want to write a driver for the EXAR XR16L788 8 channel UART, which is based on the 16C550 registers.
The UART is connected to my Atmel EB40A board.
I have found the generic 16x5x driver in packages/devs/serial/generic. I think I could modify it to fit for the XR16L788.

But how do I put the driver into the ecos tree the correct way? I didn't find anything very helpful in the docu or the maling list.
Is there something like a driver creation - sourcetree setup HOWTO?

Regards,
Dirk Eibach

* [ECOS] What to use instead of pipe?
@ 2004-04-13 22:12 Konstantin Azarov
From: Konstantin Azarov @ 2004-04-13 22:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hello!

Sorry, I've confused the mailing lists :)

I'm currently writing a eCOS application and came upon the following
problem. In my application I have the menu, which must be accessible through
UART and Telnet. I'm going to handle the menu via standart files. The first
problem is that I've to write special filesystem to handle telnet sessions.
But this seems quite straitforward. The second problem is more interesting.
UART traffic must be filtered, that is, program must perform certain actions
as the reaction to certain input sequences (for example, if it sees "%%%" in
the UART input, it has, say, to turn on LED. At the same time, Telnet
traffic must not be filtered in this way. The solution, I wanted to
implement, was like this. I was going to create a "filter" thread, wich
would actually read data from UART and would open a pipe. Filtered traffic
would go through the pipe to the menu. The issue is that pipes are not
implemented in eCOS. Could you tell me, what can I use instead of pipe()? Or
may be it will be easier to implement something like pipe()?

By the way, it seems that implementing telnet with pipes will be much
better.

Thanks in advice,
Konstantin Azarov