From: David Vrabel <dvrabel@arcom.com>
To: ecos-discuss <ecos-discuss@sources.redhat.com>
Subject: Re: [ECOS] newbie questions
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2003 13:07:00 -0000	[thread overview]

> 1. How can i run the tests if i do not have my HW so
> far?

If you don't have any target hardware and you just wish to become
familiar with eCos then I'd suggest using the Linux synthetic target.
This will produce binaries which will run (natively) on your Linux box.

See part XXV (eCos Synthetic Target) in the eCos reference manual.

http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/docs-latest/ref/hal-synth-arch.html

> 3. My libtarget.a is 8.5MB. Am I doing something wrong
> here?

Probably not.  I have one here that's 14 Mbyte.  Remember that it
contains loads of debugging and other information which will be stripped
from the final application.

David Vrabel
--
David Vrabel, Design Engineer

Arcom                         Tel: +44 (0)1223 411200 ext. 3233
Clifton Road                  Fax: +44 (0)1223 403400
Cambridge CB1 7EA             E-mail: dvrabel@arcom.com
UK                            Web: http://www.arcom.com/

http://www.messagelabs.com