* RE: [ECOS] Redboot image load via PCI bus?
@ 2003-11-06 18:10 Snider, Marc
From: Snider, Marc @ 2003-11-06 18:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Gary Thomas'; +Cc: 'ecos-discuss@sources.redhat.com'

Makes sense, Gary.  Thanks for the pointers...  Assuming I'm otherwise
entirely comfortable with what version 1.3.1 provides, will I need to go to
(do you advise) version 2.0 before making these mods or is 1.3.1 adequate?

Thanks again,
Marc

From: Gary Thomas @ 2003-11-06 18:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Snider, Marc; +Cc: 'ecos-discuss@sources.redhat.com'

On Thu, 2003-11-06 at 11:13, Snider, Marc wrote:
> Makes sense, Gary.  Thanks for the pointers...  Assuming I'm otherwise
> entirely comfortable with what version 1.3.1 provides, will I need to go to
> (do you advise) version 2.0 before making these mods or is 1.3.1 adequate?

1.3.1 is too out of date - don't even think about it.

Use the latest from CVS - that's the best approach.

--
Gary Thomas <gary@mlbassoc.com>
MLB Associates

* [ECOS] ECOS development model
@ 2003-11-11  1:19   ` Adrian Caceres
From: Adrian Caceres @ 2003-11-11  1:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'ecos-discuss@sources.redhat.com'

I was a tad surprised by the answer below regarding what version of ECOS
should an
app developer use so I was wondering what did I miss:

- What is open source community development model for  ECOS?

Many open source projects have some form of a stable release model
where some form of testing has been performed and it is somewhat
"blessed" by
the maintainers.

I thought/assumed that ECOS had a similar model and that 2.0 was a stable
version.  And that it would be expected for an ECOS user to base a new
project off such stable version.  And that going forwards there
would be other stable releases such as 2.1 or 3.0, etc.

So I was a tad surprised that Gary recommended the use of the CVS tree
directly .  I would have expected that the CVS tree was really the ECOS
development source tree, that it would suffer from the instability such
a source would have, and thus would not be a recommended choice
for someone developing an app for it.

Did I miss something?  Was the context of the thread below regarding a
feature that is going into the ECOS source tree and I missed it?

thanks

adrian

* Re: [ECOS] ECOS development model
@ 2003-11-11  7:46     ` Andrew Lunn
From: Andrew Lunn @ 2003-11-11  7:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Adrian Caceres; +Cc: 'ecos-discuss@sources.redhat.com'

On Mon, Nov 10, 2003 at 05:19:03PM -0800, Adrian Caceres wrote:
> I was a tad surprised by the answer below regarding what version of ECOS
> should an
> app developer use so I was wondering what did I miss:
>
> - What is open source community development model for  ECOS?

This thread kind of answers your question.

http://sources.redhat.com/ml/ecos-discuss/2003-09/msg00388.html

        Andrew