* [ECOS] Run tests
@ 2003-12-01  9:16 Ricardo Andrino
From: Ricardo Andrino @ 2003-12-01  9:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hello,
when i try to run the run tests on my AT91EB40A with the Ecos configuration tool, there is no connection with the board.I think that is used a Remote Serial connection and should be a ARM Angel/Serial connection......How could i configure this ARM ANgel Connection on the ecos graphical configuration tool?

There is files for this board PB-555 from Axión on the CVS or somewhere?

Thanks a lot

* [ECOS] Re: Run tests
@ 2003-12-01 10:06 ` John Dallaway
From: John Dallaway @ 2003-12-01 10:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ricardo Andrino; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Ricardo Andrino wrote:

> when i try to run the run tests on my AT91EB40A with the Ecos configuration tool, there is no connection with the board.I think that is used a Remote Serial connection and should be a ARM Angel/Serial connection......How could i configure this ARM ANgel Connection on the ecos graphical configuration tool?

Interaction with the target hardware for the puspose of running tests is
specified in the Tools->Platforms dialog box of the eCos Configration
Tool. It may or may not be possible to create a platform entry to allow
for the running of tests using Angel. However, I would recommend
installing RedBoot into the second half of the Flash (it does not need
to overwrite Angel) and using RedBoot rather than Angel to run the eCos
tests. If you have previously installed eCos 2.0, you should have a full
set of platforms definitions for the eCos 2.0 targets already defined in
your registry. You can clone the GDB commands used for the at91 platform
(EB40) and use them for the EB40A.

> There is files for this board PB-555 from Axión on the CVS or somewhere?

Check out hardware table for board support:

   http://ecos.sourceware.org/hardware.html

John Dallaway
eCosCentric Limited

* Re: [ECOS] Re: Run tests
@ 2003-12-01 11:15 ` John Dallaway
From: John Dallaway @ 2003-12-01 11:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ricardo Andrino; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Ricardo Andrino wrote:

> Do you know the GDB commands to connect with ARM Angel/Serial? I would like to add these commands to the register for EB40A platform that i have created.Now there are: set debug remote 0 , target remote %p but this is a remote serial connection which doesn't work with my target to run the tests.

Use "target rdi" to connect to Angel using arm-elf-gdb. Searching for
"target rdi" using Google is quite informative.

John Dallaway
eCosCentric Limited

* Re: [ECOS] Re: Run tests
@ 2003-12-01 11:00 Ricardo Andrino
From: Ricardo Andrino @ 2003-12-01 11:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: JohnDallaway, RicardoAndrino; +Cc: ecos-discuss

John Dallaway <jld@ecosentric.com> schrieb am 01.12.03 11:06:44:

> Ricardo Andrino wrote:
>
> > when i try to run the run tests on my AT91EB40A with the Ecos configuration tool, there is no connection with the board.I think that is used a Remote Serial connection and should be a ARM Angel/Serial connection......How could i configure this ARM ANgel Connection on the ecos graphical configuration tool?
>
> Interaction with the target hardware for the puspose of running tests is
> specified in the Tools->Platforms dialog box of the eCos Configration
> Tool. It may or may not be possible to create a platform entry to allow
> for the running of tests using Angel. However, I would recommend
> installing RedBoot into the second half of the Flash (it does not need
> to overwrite Angel) and using RedBoot rather than Angel to run the eCos
> tests. If you have previously installed eCos 2.0, you should have a full
> set of platforms definitions for the eCos 2.0 targets already defined in
> your registry. You can clone the GDB commands used for the at91 platform
> (EB40) and use them for the EB40A.

Do you know the GDB commands to connect with ARM Angel/Serial? I would like to add these commands to the register for EB40A platform that i have created.Now there are: set debug remote 0 , target remote %p but this is a remote serial connection which doesn't work with my target to run the tests.

Thank you.