Gary Thomas wrote: >On Wed, 2003-12-10 at 08:35, Savin Zlobec wrote: > > >>Gary Thomas wrote: >> >> >> >>>On Wed, 2003-12-10 at 07:47, Savin Zlobec wrote: >>> >>> >>> >>> >>>>Hello, >>>> >>>>I am using RedBoot configured with default boot script and it doesn't >>>>work just like I expect it to. It looks to me that default boot script >>>>timeout >>>>(CYGNUM_REDBOOT_BOOT_SCRIPT_DEFAULT_TIMEOUT) is used >>>>only when CYGSEM_REDBOOT_FLASH_CONFIG is not set. I use >>>>flash config support in my configuration and when boot script is not set, >>>>than the default boot script is used, but the timeout remains 0 which >>>>aborts the script. >>>> >>>>Also from the cdl option description one could expect that the default >>>>value of >>>>boot_script_timeout would be CYGNUM_REDBOOT_BOOT_SCRIPT_DEFAULT_TIMEOUT, >>>>but it is 0. >>>> >>>>Is this a feature or a bug ? >>>> >>>> >>>> >>>> >>>Perhaps the default timeout should always be set. In any case, if >>>you have 'fconfig' enabled, then the value stored in your config >>>database should be what gets used. >>> >>>Try this patch and see if it behaves more like you'd like. >>> >>> >>> >>It looks fine, but the option I fancy is to set boot_script_timeout default >>value to CYGNUM_REDBOOT_BOOT_SCRIPT_DEFAULT_VALUE >>and to set script_timeout to boot_script_timeout value regardless of >>boot_script >>value - so the default boot script can be aborted by setting >>boot_script_timeout to 0. >>Also to make this work boot_script_timeout option has to be always >>enabled if >>default boot script is set. >> >> > >Sorry, but I'm not following what you are trying to accomplish. > >Please reword it, describing how you want it to behave (without >referring to any of the variable/CDL names should help me understand). > What I need is a first time initialization script. I used redboot default script option for that, but I found that the script timeout was not set when flash config was enabled. Also I needed some way to disable this script after the first time - the obvious way was to set the script timeout to 0 from the initialization script, but I found out that the script timeout value stored in flash is used only when custom boot script option is enabled. Here is what I did to make it work from me.