* [ECOS] Several unrelated questions
@ 2004-05-04  3:46 David Brennan
From: David Brennan @ 2004-05-04  3:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: eCos Discuss

Another developer has started helping me with my porting. He brought up
several good questions for which I have no answers.

1. Why isn't there a Kernel API to the binary semaphore?
2. According to the cdl, the value CYGNUM_KERNEL_THREADS_DATA_ALL is
supposed to be calculated. But I can't seem to find a formula for it
anywhere. And if I modify thread.cdl to add another "fixed" spot, the
value in CYGNUM_KERNEL_THREADS_DATA_ALL does not change. Is it actually
supposed to be user entered?
3. What is the basic consol command to get gdb to download a program
over ethernet to the target board? (We can download and run fine using
insight, but insight tends to crash a lot under our installation of
cygwin+eCosCentric pre-built binaries.)
4. Why does cyg_thread_get_info require an id be passed to it? The
handle should be sufficient to "find" the data. Looking at the source,
it appears to only be used for a sanity check.
5. When porting a PCI driver from Linux to eCos, can we basically ignore
the ioremap functions? And should we use read/write_config_data
instructions, or HAL_READ_XXX and HAL_WRITE_XXX? The sample Linux driver
uses all readl and writel instructions (using the ioremap'd address).

Thanks
David Brennan

only message in thread, other threads:[~2004-05-04  3:46 UTC | newest]