* [ECOS] Problems with JTAG: ARM7TDMI, Multi-ICE, gdb
@ 2004-05-05 14:20 Heiko Panther
From: Heiko Panther @ 2004-05-05 14:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

I set up my system with them Multi-ICE Server 2.2.5 and multi-ice-gdb-server, and downloading the binary works fine. Breakpoints work too, but only on the first run after resetting the board.
Single stepping does not work in most places, the processor will just run until the next breakpoint.

Can anyone help with this? Also, are there alternatives I should consider to debug my ARM?

Thanks!
Heiko Panther

* RE: [ECOS] Problems with JTAG: ARM7TDMI, Multi-ICE, gdb
@ 2004-05-05 16:42 ` Robert Cragie
From: Robert Cragie @ 2004-05-05 16:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Heiko Panther, ecos-discuss

I have used an EPI JEENI successfully with GDB. There used to be issues
using Multi-ICE (see mailing list archive) and I'm not sure how well these
have been cleared up.

Robert Cragie, Design Engineer
Jennic Ltd, Furnival Street, Sheffield, S1 4QT,  UK
http://www.jennic.com  Tel: +44 (0) 114 281 2655

@ 2004-05-06  8:07   ` Heiko Panther
From: Heiko Panther @ 2004-05-06  8:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Robert Cragie, ecos-discuss

How does it connect to GDB? Says on their page that it uses Angel protocol. Does it need some kind of protocol converter?

Heiko

@ 2004-05-06 12:15     ` Robert Cragie
From: Robert Cragie @ 2004-05-06 12:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Heiko Panther, ecos-discuss

You connect with:

target rdi e=<jeeni>

where <jeeni> is hostname or IP address of the JEENI. RDI is the Angel
protocol already supported by GDB.