* [ECOS] PPP on the synthetic target.
@ 2004-06-10 15:35 Alf Nilsson
From: Alf Nilsson @ 2004-06-10 15:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Has anyone managed to build the PPP package on the synthetic target?
I've been trying to build the target from todays(2004-06-10) source from
the anonCVS.
I've tried including both the openbsd stack and the freebsd stack, both
generate different compile errors.
(most of the compile errors are due to either redefinitions and/or
missing include files)

It feels like I'm missing something rather basic, so I would be grateful
to know if someone has managed to compile before I start debugging.

Thanks in advance,
Alf Nilsson

* Re: [ECOS] PPP on the synthetic target.
@ 2004-06-10 16:06 ` Nick Garnett
From: Nick Garnett @ 2004-06-10 16:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alf Nilsson; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Alf Nilsson <alf.nilsson@abem.se> writes:

> Has anyone managed to build the PPP package on the synthetic target?
> I've been trying to build the target from todays(2004-06-10) source
> from the anonCVS.
> I've tried including both the openbsd stack and the freebsd stack,
> both generate different compile errors.
> (most of the compile errors are due to either redefinitions and/or
> missing include files)
>
> It feels like I'm missing something rather basic, so I would be
> grateful to know if someone has managed to compile before I start
> debugging.

The PPP package has never been tried in the synthetic target. There's
no reason why it would not work, but it needs a serial device driver,
which I don't believe exists for the synthetic target.

* Re: [ECOS] PPP on the synthetic target.
@ 2004-06-10 21:03   ` Alf Nilsson
From: Alf Nilsson @ 2004-06-10 21:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nick Garnett; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Nick Garnett wrote:

>Alf Nilsson <alf.nilsson@abem.se> writes:
>

>>Has anyone managed to build the PPP package on the synthetic target?
>>I've been trying to build the target from todays(2004-06-10) source
>>from the anonCVS.
>>I've tried including both the openbsd stack and the freebsd stack,
>>both generate different compile errors.
>>(most of the compile errors are due to either redefinitions and/or
>>missing include files)
>>
>>It feels like I'm missing something rather basic, so I would be
>>grateful to know if someone has managed to compile before I start
>>debugging.
>>

>The PPP package has never been tried in the synthetic target. There's
>no reason why it would not work, but it needs a serial device driver,
>which I don't believe exists for the synthetic target.

I have found a serial device driver that seems to work satisfactory, at
least for our needs.
I've downloaded it from :
http://www.elatec.si/devel.html

But the problems I've stumbled into were network related, for example
the openbsd_net package contains a file that includes <sys/uio.h>
On my system the file "/usr/include/linux/sys/uio.h" gets included
instead, AFAIU the openbsd_net package should have a file that matches
the uio.h file found in the freebsd_net package.
When using the freebsd_net package I run into trouble because I lack an
ethernet driver. I will look into these problems a bit deeper now I know
that it hasn't been tested.

Regards,
Alf Nilsson